Speculation: Will Lou ever make a move for offense!

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Why does he need to? They have a plus 13 Goal differential and the lowest goals against in the league.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
Because honestly
Why does he need to? They have a plus 13 Goal differential and the lowest goals against in the league.
This team is pretty close ,everyone in hockey knows this team is offensively challenged!
Need an upgrade and soon,Knuckles,Uncle Leo,Martin and MDC cannot be part of your team even though knuckles scored the other night we need an upgrade

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Because honestly

This team is pretty close ,everyone in hockey knows this team is offensively challenged!
Need an upgrade and soon,Knuckles,Uncle Leo,Martin and MDC cannot be part of your team even though knuckles scored the other night we need an upgrade
....Trotz has a system. Its working... The team is winning.... Trust the system. Trotz coached for years in nashville with very little offence but used a system.

Trust me, youd rather win games 2-1 and have structure than win a game 6-5 and just be flying around

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It’s been 17 months and Lou Lam hasn’t made a trade to upgrade this offense.
What’s going on?

one of the more credible blog sites is eyes on isles. I think they're the ones who reported Lou was in on Taylor Hall near the end No mention of what he offered.

Bellows in Bridgeport got off to an awful start, was healthy scratched for two straight games and responded with 12 goals in his next 13/14 games. I would like to see him called up to see if he cannot add goal scoring to the top 6.
Then Lou can shop for a 3C/4C to shore the bottom 6.

Not sure who is on Lou's rader, but I am expecting him to make a move before the trade deadline passes.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He doesn’t need to so if the right deal comes along great but I doubt he wants to overpay for anything. Plus they are spending a fair amount of money and have brutal attendance

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
He doesn’t need to so if the right deal comes along great but I doubt he wants to overpay for anything. Plus they are spending a fair amount of money and have brutal attendance
Wow! You are correct about the attendance...only Ottawa has a worse attendance average.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think he's tried, just Panarin turned him down. He seems to be big game shopping, but I doubt Devils were going to trade Hall in-division unless it was an overpay. Wouldn't be shocked if he makes a run at Hall in the off-season. It's not like he hasn't traded for high-end offensive players before (Kovalchuck and Mogilny).

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Trust me, youd rather win games 2-1 and have structure than win a game 6-5 and just be flying around

This seems to be a popular hockey-ism but I really don't see how one is better than the other. Both types of teams have weaknesses than can handcuff them if their strength falters in any given game (offensive teams can be shut down, defensive teams can be opened up).

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
....Trotz has a system. Its working... The team is winning.... Trust the system. Trotz coached for years in nashville with very little offence but used a system.

Yes, everyone loves tight, systems hockey.

That style of hockey (and JT <3) has driven me to watch more Leaf games than Islander games lately. It's just not entertaining. You win, but you yawn all game. 6-5 is must watch hockey.

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
Offense was exposed badly vs Carolina last yr, even a small upgrade from Leo,MDC and Knuckles.
Trotz system makes players that don’t play on other teams ,starters here.
Imagine if we had some more skill,Lee isn’t a 1st line center.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Jeff Carter

We throw Jeff into the 2 slot, he adds badly needed goal scoring and can play Trotz system. He lacks the footspeed he used to have but I think he could keep up. When you need a goal bad, you throw out Carter - Barzal - Lee.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
well Pageau would fit the isles coaching style. It would depend on if the the isles are willing to pay the price
Nah Pags would not get the top line icetime or pp time on LI that he gets in Ottawa.
Not denying he would not be a nice pickup, but I would rather another team badly overpay to boost their bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad