Will Lombardi make a offer to Radulov?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope not. He should just take chances on the ones with real talent. Like Panarin or Kucherov. Russians are very skilled and are game breakers. I actually think this team needs some Russians. He should swallow his ego and ask Prokhorkin to come back with a guaranteed roster spot. Kid is putting up big numbers in the KHL. As I recall we have a hole at 3C. Let him try and play if he fails send him back to Russia.

You're making a LOT of assumptions in this post.

Besides all of that, how are you going to guarantee a roster spot and if someone fails send them to Russia?

I don't disagree that we could use more Europeans on the roster in general but let's not pretend our organization doesn't TRY, they're just not working (and IIRC the number of Russians in the NHL is at an all time low so let's not pretend it's just a Kings/DL problem). Zykov's stagnation. Dergachyov staying in the KHL. Porkins coming over, then not. Frolov played well for a long time then his groin went to crap and that was pretty much it. Kitsyn. Loktionov. Do I need to go on? It's not like these guys are just getting burned by LA, they don't stick in the NHL period.

Voynov played, and was his own worst enemy--but he's a pretty good example of a Russian guy who was dedicated to the team and rewarded for it.

Then there's the rest of the Europeans. Cernak, kempe, Lintuniemi, Bartosak (welp), Kubalik, Hyka, Chris Gibson, Schumacher...and that's just in the last 4 years. So, just under half of every draft is European of some flavor.

This myth that DL is Euro-averse needs to die in a fire now. Guys work for it, plain and simple.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
No prospect/Euro UFA should be handed ANYTHING.

They should leave blood and sweat on the ice at all times, scratch and claw their way into the lineup.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The rumor was he wants to play for Florida and it makes a lot of sense. The Kings? Makes no sense. How many Russian players has Lombardi signed/traded for in his time as Kings GM?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The rumor was he wants to play for Florida and it makes a lot of sense. The Kings? Makes no sense. How many Russian players has Lombardi signed/traded for in his time as Kings GM?

drafted a few...thee you shall not be named was drafted and signed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad