Will Lindy Ruff get another coaching opportunity?

Will Lindy Ruff get another coaching opportunity?

• Yes

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 41.3%

• Total voters

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I think he will. Lindy isn't a coach that you want to lead you in the playoffs but as he has shown in NJ if you're a young team who needs a coach to help develop younger players he's pretty good at that. The team just has to know Ruff is only for development, not for winning.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I wouldn’t want him coaching my team; that’s for sure.

I will always have fond memories of Lindy as a Sabre fans but assuming the Devils miss the playoffs this year, that’ll make it 9 out of the last 14 years that his teams have failed to qualify for the postseason.

Reactions: banks

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Never seen a coach so reckless with his goalie management the way he was with a rookie Daws this last month.

I'll say no.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Sports in general hire known quantiles. Owners like the "safe" pick. It's why we see the same names over and over again with only 1 or 2 "new" coaches/GM's each year.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Maybe if Buffalo fires Granato. I think that may be the only organization that will hire him at this point. That has more to do with age than anything.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Easily, look at what kind of junk is employed in NHL even at this very moment.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This is the NHL, it's practically impossible for an outsider to get a HC job. So unless he announces retirement, it's guaranteed he'll coach again. I don't think his defensive swarm system is very competitive against high level talent. Could probably work better in the AHL or juniors where players aren't as comfortable with pressure. His lineup decisions were also infuriating and he gives up on new lineups inside of period if they are not working. Has blatant favoritism with players, no matter how bad they'll play. Still all this said, I think he's a good guy and a very player friendly coach. Tons of experience and can be the right coach for an upcoming young team (like Buffalo).

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
He's consistently been very forward thinking on this side of the lockout. He has a really good head for the game. Sure, not everything always hits. And I'm sure some folks will cite the tired old uninformed "he has favorite veterans" or some noise...but you can either say that about every single coach at every single level or virtually none of them - it's a trope at this point.

If Ruff wants another kick at the can, he'll get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad