Will Lindholm Resign ??

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I’m going to vote yes , I believe Lindholm will resign here. We need him here. The Canucks have roughly 25 million in cap space to resign him , Pettersson and Hronek !! We desperately need him here because we don’t have much outside of Raty coming through the system. Him and Pettersson will do wonders with each other

Reactions: oceanchild

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's a late birthday in the same draft as Bo. Turned 29 in Dec. 30 at the end of the year. Term is the issue for a new contract.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
2txgbj.jpg

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
what if we add pod and hog to this pool?

Pods and Hogs are a no go either. For this team to remain competitive we need them to become solid top 9 contributors and replace players like Garland and Mikheyev within the next couple seasons.

Having young guys who can contribute while being on team friendly contracts is a must. Pods is tracking nicely IMO. I think most people are forgetting alot of us wrote Hogs off last season, before he had his AHL stint. Pods is in a similar boat. He might not become that top 6 goal scoring power forward, but if he can be a cost controlled top 9 forward similiar to Garland/Mikheyev... that's massive.

Reactions: MarkMM

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Pods and Hogs are a no go either. For this team to remain competitive we need them to become solid top 9 contributors and replace players like Garland and Mikheyev within the next couple seasons.

Having young guys who can contribute while being on team friendly contracts is a must. Pods is tracking nicely IMO. I think most people are forgetting alot of us wrote Hogs off last season, before he had his AHL stint. Pods is in a similar boat. He might not become that top 6 goal scoring power forward, but if he can be a cost controlled top 9 forward similiar to Garland/Mikheyev... that's massive.
I'm of the same thinking. The only asset that has only a 50/50 chance to play with canucks is Hunter. Even Raty has more of a role. Organizationally, he is a newer Rathbone/Rafferty with more gawdy junior numbers. If you look at hunter in a vacuum, he has way more value for other teams than us, he is the prime trade bait this year, with Rehkopf going Mike Bossy with Kitchener. I have a feeling one of the other would go if they trade for another stay at home D, it wont be another 1st. Raty is probably the only palatable first rnd equivalent asset I'm willing to part with.

Mikheyev has to go after the season
I have no problem with him, yeah he has no hands, but this team has no pure speed, and he is capable in a defensive role.... maybe he is a million overpaid, but he occupies a strong role in this team.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
I'm of the same thinking. The only asset that has only a 50/50 chance to play with canucks is Hunter. Even Raty has more of a role. Organizationally, he is a newer Rathbone/Rafferty with more gawdy junior numbers. If you look at hunter in a vacuum, he has way more value for other teams than us, he is the prime trade bait this year, with Rehkopf going Mike Bossy with Kitchener. I have a feeling one of the other would go if they trade for another stay at home D, it wont be another 1st. Raty is probably the only palatable first rnd equivalent asset I'm willing to part with.

I have no problem with him, yeah he has no hands, but this team has no pure speed, and he is capable in a defensive role.... maybe he is a million overpaid, but he occupies a strong role in this team.

I might be wrong and interesting to see what the NHL edge stats show but to me it seems Mikheyev has lost a step. He’s going to be 30 next season and for a guy whose game is built on speed I don’t think that’s a good thing.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!.....with the acquisition of Lindholm, the Canuck have (count 'em) nine players heading into unrestricted free agency. And Pettersson along with Hronek, are RFA's needing new contacts.

If the Canucks don't go all the way in the Stanley Cup playoffs, there's a serious hangover coming. Of course they'll be shedding Myers salary; and they're out from under Kuzmenko's $5m deal.

Of the UFA''s I'd like to see them try and retain Lindholm, Zadorov and Joshua, because they all bring something to the table the Canucks need.

As for Cole, Blueger, Lafferty, Myers, Friedman and DeSmith, good luck, it was good to know ya',

One thing is for certain, there's going to be a number of guys graduating from Abbotsford next season. There really isn't much choice.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad