Will LAVY be interested in trying to get a player or 2 from Philly ?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Vinny said he was healthy and felt real good after the break. I don't think his back injury affect his production a whole lot. I think it was more so the fact he was in properly used.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I don't think the Flyers management look at VLC as a cap dump where they would have to add assets or retain salary just to get rid of him. He just scored 20 goals in an injury riddled season while being a good locker room presence and remember that he can determine his own fate since he got a NMC, which makes the whole situation even more complicated...

If the Flyers plan to use him on the 4th Line and at Wing he'll remove his NTC. All it takes then is another team to say they want him.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
If the Flyers plan to use him on the 4th Line and at Wing he'll remove his NTC. All it takes then is another team to say they want him.

It still all depends on what they do on D. If they have to move BSchenn, then Vinnie could stay at 3C. If they keep Schenn, Vinny has to go.

There just needs to be some face-saving for him. Lavy brought him in, got canned after 3 games, etc. Not a good fit, happy to help him find a good spot.

At LW or 4C, we don't need him if someone else would take him.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011

Agreed. VLC would still be a very competent 3C with PP time. Any other circumstance would be a misuse of his remaining talents.

He clearly demonstrated that he can't play on a wing.

Firehockey

Jul 2, 2013
if we trade to nashville we should really try and take filip forsberg of their hands, I think forsberg will blossom under lavy and will fetch a hefty price next season

RJ8812*

if we trade to nashville we should really try and take filip forsberg of their hands, I think forsberg will blossom under lavy and will fetch a hefty price next season

ya, I'm sure it will be that easy to take him. They practically got him for nothing, and there's no way they give him up for anything but an overpayment

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Teams make mistakes when trading but I can't get over the fact that Washington traded him. They even said they were not happy with his development as well and seemed to think they needed to move him. It was a weird situation there and I know Washington's management has taken a lot of shots lately but they are still smart hockey people running the show. Something tells me either they were really on to something regarding FF or they made a horrible mistake. Time will tell but I don't think FF is a legit shot at becoming a top line forward.

Of course he might blossom under Lavy and their system but time will tell. Some Pred fans seem to think he needs more AHL time also because of an injury he had last year hurt his development time. I just don't think I am sold on him.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It still all depends on what they do on D. If they have to move BSchenn, then Vinnie could stay at 3C. If they keep Schenn, Vinny has to go.

There just needs to be some face-saving for him. Lavy brought him in, got canned after 3 games, etc. Not a good fit, happy to help him find a good spot.

The Schenn situation probably defines Vinny's future in Philly more than anything. If he looks like he will go onto the RFA market, the Flyers will probably move him before that happens. Then they'll want to keep Vinny as the second scoring line center.
According to media outlets there were reports that they had been no discussions between the Flyers and Schenn/his agent since before camp. If that is still true, there is a problem here. I would think that resolving the Schenn situation is a top priority for Hextall. I would say that the longer that there is no new deal, the greater the possibility that Schenn is traded and LeCavalier is kept. I'd bet that Hexy either re-signs Schenn by Memorial Day or starts to look for trading partners. I can't see the Flyers messing around here. It's too important.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
The Schenn situation probably defines Vinny's future in Philly more than anything. If he looks like he will go onto the RFA market, the Flyers will probably move him before that happens. Then they'll want to keep Vinny as the second scoring line center.
According to media outlets there were reports that they had been no discussions between the Flyers and Schenn/his agent since before camp. If that is still true, there is a problem here. I would think that resolving the Schenn situation is a top priority for Hextall. I would say that the longer that there is no new deal, the greater the possibility that Schenn is traded and LeCavalier is kept. I'd bet that Hexy either re-signs Schenn by Memorial Day or starts to look for trading partners. I can't see the Flyers messing around here. It's too important.

I would prefer Schenn as the 2C before Vinny. Mainly because Vinny broke his back and is 10 years older, and has injury problems the past few years.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I would prefer Schenn as the 2C before Vinny. Mainly because Vinny broke his back and is 10 years older, and has injury problems the past few years.
I won't disagree with you but it all depends how much money Schenn wants. I fear that some team will offer him $4M for five years. I don't know if the Flyers would do that. They probably want a two year deal like they did with Couturier and then if he's still looking like a player, a nice long term contract.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
How about Kimmo finishing his career where he started with the coach that got him to a cup?

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I won't disagree with you but it all depends how much money Schenn wants. I fear that some team will offer him $4M for five years. I don't know if the Flyers would do that. They probably want a two year deal like they did with Couturier and then if he's still looking like a player, a nice long term contract.

Would it cost multiple 1sts to sign a RFA? I cant envision any good team offering Schenn that kind of money.. but if they do, I'd be happy with the draft picks depending on the team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Would it cost multiple 1sts to sign a RFA? I cant envision any good team offering Schenn that kind of money.. but if they do, I'd be happy with the draft picks depending on the team.

Not at the salary Schenn would be receiving, you're likely looking at 1st & third round compensation at best which is probably not worth it.

Compensation Chart:
$1,110,249 or below – No Compensation

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 – 3rd round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 – 2nd round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 – 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 – 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 – Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

Over $8,410,976 – Four 1st Round Picks

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for the chart. Makes Schenn's negotiations more interesting for sure.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't think the Flyers management look at VLC as a cap dump where they would have to add assets or retain salary just to get rid of him. He just scored 20 goals in an injury riddled season while being a good locker room presence and remember that he can determine his own fate since he got a NMC, which makes the whole situation even more complicated...

But he signed with the Flyers to play in Lavy's system, so there is reason to believe that he might waive his NMC for a better opportunity in Lavy's system again.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
But he signed with the Flyers to play in Lavy's system, so there is reason to believe that he might waive his NMC for a better opportunity in Lavy's system again.
Could see him possibly waiving his NMC after being the 4th line center last year. Also with Laughton coming up, it creates an even bigger logjam at center.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Could see him possibly waiving his NMC after being the 4th line center last year. Also with Laughton coming up, it creates an even bigger logjam at center.

Laughton could stay with the Phantoms the whole season and may even benefit from being the big fish in a small pond. No issue at all.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Laughton would be a better 4th line center than Vinny and a lot cheaper.

That's a huge issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad