Will Laf and Kakko ever combine for more career points than Hughes?

Will Laf and Kakko ever combine for more points than Hughes?

• Yes

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 66 42.3%
  • IDGAF

Votes: 42 26.9%

• Total voters

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
Essentially they both need to become consistent 55 to 60 point players.

If you vote yes, please state what year they will catch him

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Combined?? Probably, yeah. Almost definitely.

I think they're going to eventually produce at a much higher rate than what we're seeing now, even if it doesn't quite match their draft pedigree.

If they become 55 point players, which is pretty run-of-the-mill, Hughes would have to average 110 per 82 to keep pace. To contextualize how hard that is, Sidney Crosby averages 103 per 82.

Even if we're very generous and assume Hughes is one of the top 30 forwards all-time and puts up 1,400 points, the other two would only have to average 700 points. That's not that many, if you just stay in the league and they both started very young. Vinny Prospal, Miro Satan, Andrew Brunette, Matt Cullen, Petr Sykora, and Scott Hartnell are some players with 700 points. That's a middle sixer with decent longevity.

And all of this is assuming that Lafreniere and Kakko peak as completely average players. And Hughes still has to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer to beat them.

The kneejerk reaction is Hughes because of the season he's having, but if you think about it for two seconds, the odds are clearly with the Rangers duo here.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
after watching Jack Hughes yesterday, I find it quite hard to believe they will combine for more points than Jack. He's a special player. I can't believe fans took cheap shots at jack Hughes during his draft. He's a very good play..

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Essentially they both need to become consistent 55 to 60 point players.

If you vote yes, please state what year they will catch him
voted yes ...

... to annoy you, because your takes on the mainboard annoy me.

simply shut down this b*llsh*t poll, as jack hughes has nothing to do with the rangers or this two players and as a devils fan i am happy for it.

Reactions: Barry Tallackson

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Hughes is quite clearly the best player of the three, and will always be. I still believe Kakko will eventually become a very good player and be that 60 point guy with good defensive impact. He is still getting better every year, and at some point it will reflect on the scoresheet too.

Laf i’m not so sure of, he hasn’t progressed at all.

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
voted yes ...

... to annoy you, because your takes on the mainboard annoy me.

simply shut down this b*llsh*t poll, as jack hughes has nothing to do with the rangers or this two players and as a devils fan i am happy for it.
He was compared to these two players heavily, think it’s fair to compare their production. Thanks for the feedback though, cheers!

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I have very low expectations for Kakko and Laf at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't catch him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He was compared to these two players heavily, think it’s fair to compare their production. Thanks for the feedback though, cheers!
its more like asking your girlfriend to step on the knocked out guy on the ground with her stilettos.

let's win with more class than the rangers will ever have.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I have very low expectations for Kakko and Laf at this point. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't catch him.
On Laf - understandable.

On Kakko, you really need to watch the Rangers more. His play, puck control and IQ has massively improved. Stat watchers will say he is struggling but he actually is playing extremely well.

Reactions: Dijock94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad