Will Kunin Make The Wild Roster This Fall?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Look what Aho, Point and Werenski did. The Wild really need him to contribute if they are going to improve.

see:

Peter said:
Again, he's not at those guys' level (yet). Werenski is a blue-chip who barely missed the 2014 draft, Aho had a full season and a half of pro hockey under his belt when he made his debut, and Point is a full year older.

Kunin is nowhere close to Aho or Werenski. Brayden Point's stock skyrocketed his +1 and +2 years. Kunin may get there in a year. But he's closer to Kapenen a year ago than anyone you've mentioned.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im torn on this , i believe kunin could have a terrific season in iowa similar to zucker's or he could do ok with limited minutes on the big club. i'd like to see JEE & kunin together on the 3rd line but with ennis i doubt that will happen.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
He needs time in Iowa regardless. So far, none of these NCAA boys the Wild have either drafted or signed out of UFA when they finished school have panned out immensely. Even Zucker saw long stints in Iowa.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I voted that I think he will make the team out of camp. That said, I doubt he'll stay with the team the entire year. Honestly, I think it's a toss up at the moment, and that it also depends on who we may still sign this summer. I think that if we end up having both Kunin and JEE on the team long term, either something went extremely well or extremely poorly.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
For Clarification, Kunin's first year of his ELC will get burned either way. He's about a month to old to have it slide, any player that turns 20 before Dec 31st is not eligable to have their contract slide.

If he was born Jan 4th, 1998 instead of Dec 4th 1997 the Wild could have not started his ELC by keeping his NHL games player to under 10.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
For Clarification, Kunin's first year of his ELC will get burned either way. He's about a month to old to have it slide, any player that turns 20 before Dec 31st is not eligable to have their contract slide.

If he was born Jan 4th, 1998 instead of Dec 4th 1997 the Wild could have not started his ELC by keeping his NHL games player to under 10.

Good to know

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Voted yes, meant no. Doubt he will crack the current lineup assuming we resign Granlund and Nino and he will not play 4th line. Having him in Iowa doesn't hurt where he can get real minutes and then few call ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad