Will Kunin Make The Wild Roster This Fall?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'd rather have him in Iowa, but there's no doubt he'll be up there at some point. Will he make the team right away? For some reason I keep thinking this is more and more likely. That could depend on what our RFAs make I suppose and whether we sign some more 4th line vets for more than the minimum. So I'm actually voting yes.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
My guess is he makes for 9 games or whatever, is scratched a few games, burns a year of his elc, then stays in minors til the playoffs

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Assuming that the big three RFAs get signed he'll be in Iowa, and I think he should be there regardless. I don't think having all of JEE, Kunin and Olofsson in key roles is a good plan to start the season.

One issue is potentially playing time. If the plan is to make Kunin a center that pushes Rau to a wing, makes O'Reilly the NHL guy, pushes Anas down a line and probably keeps Gilmour in Rapid City. Lots of moving parts in other words, even if Kunin will be an obvious priority for development.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Too soon for a good guess from me. Foligino, Granny, and Nino haven't been signed yet to see what cap space there is to get one of the few good UFAs left on the market.

But it's a poll so, I'll go with a yes based on the current 50 man roster.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
My guess is he makes for 9 games or whatever, is scratched a few games, burns a year of his elc, then stays in minors til the playoffs

I really don't think that's how it works with Kunin. He signed a contract out of College not Juniors or Europe.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pretty sure playing in the AHL burns a year anyway.

It didn't with Tuch. Not that it matters for us anymore.

Edit: oh, a year of his elc, not of his free agent clock... yeah, that gets burned. He'll be getting paid on that contact no matter which he plays, so yes, his elc is getting burned either way.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
all I know is that it's welcomed news when Bomber says he's in awesome hockey shape and dominating the prospects camp.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
He'll play all 82 games and end up with 40-45 pts. Too good to waste in Iowa.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Look what Aho, Point and Werenski did. The Wild really need him to contribute if they are going to improve.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Again, he's not at those guys' level (yet). Werenski is a blue-chip who barely missed the 2014 draft, Aho had a full season and a half of pro hockey under his belt when he made his debut, and Point is a full year older.

The question for me is where would Kunin play, whose job is he taking? Time in the AHL will be good for him and there's no pressing need for him to play above his level.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
I don't think he makes it out of camp, unless it's for the 9 game stint. But I do believe he will be on the roster full time by the end of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad