Will Kevin Hayes score 60 pts or more in 2019-2020?

Will Kevin Hayes score 60 pts or more in 2019-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
It was actually funny that when Knob was in his experimenting phase, Couturier went down to PP2 and the unit suddenly looked better than ever. Most of its points came in like a 2-3 week period, I believe. But I think they'll let him have first crack at the PP1 as a nod to his services and role.

Tangentially, if Farabee/Frost make the team, you have to give them a PP2 role eventually. Frost especially might be the best young PP QB of the lot. These units are getting very cramped, which makes Provorov's written in stone role (he'll be on there) even worse.
Frost Patrick coots
Oscar
Sanhiem

Would pretty good I think. Coots and Patrick have shown great chemistry in the past.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm down for Hayes on PP1 if Couturier kicks Provy off PP2.

Giroux-JVR-Voracek
-----Hayes
---Ghost

Patrick-Konecny-Couturier
-----Lindblom
---Sanheim
Funny....when we traded for Hayes I posted that Hayes could take that #1PP spot, dropping Couts overall points downward, making him cheaper to sign. And a joke about Fletch playing 4D chess.

But now, who knows.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I imagine the organization looks at Provorov and is adamant he's a PP guy. Just replace the initech logo and you've probably got the building in which the flyers brass works in.
701aqg9b608z.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ill say no, but he doesnt need to score 60+ to be worth his contract. 50+ and the same defensive play he brought last season is worth $7. He had a better Expected +/- than Coots last season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I say yes, playing with Jake and one of JVR, Frost, Farabee Oskar , I think quite easily.

I’m even gonna say my boy gets over 80 PTS if both healthy

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I’m of the mindset of getting coots any break he can. So if hayes gets 1st pp or 2nd and Patrick goes to one, I think it’ll be a couple minutes of breathing for coots.

That said. Under, for sure. We are going to gain value as a defense first team with four lines and three d pairs that can go out there without chasing matchups. Key off hart and be opportunistic, all of our top nine can score now.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
50-55 next year

If he gives them four or five seasons with that type of production and the two-way play/pk ability he is known for he will earn the massive contract they gave him

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hayes is pacing for 52 points in 82 games. So are Giroux and Provorov.

NHL.com - Stats

52 wouldn't be bad, but I think he's playing better than that number suggests. He's had a lot of great chances he didn't convert on. There's also so much lineup flux. I think when things settle down, his pace increases to somewhere in the 58-62 point range.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
While it's possible Isaac Hayes could usurp Couturier's PP1 role (I lean towards not because he's viewed as our 1C, and it's probably little to no difference), assessing the merits of his season/contract on whether or not he's a 60 point player is probably missing the point.

His value comes at ES/PK. If he can drive possession, play good defense, help our more offensive wingers, and get 40 ES points and find a way to touch 50, he's worth every penny. It's really hard to get more than 50 points without being truly elite offensively at ES and being on PP2 (I'm long past assuming PP2 will do anything, especially if Provorov is QBing it again). If he's paired with Konecny or Voracek, which is a given, it's possible he could peak closer to 55-60. But that's more a career year than yearly.

The expectation shouldn't be to get Hayes 60 points next season. It should be to have Couturier at 70+, Hayes 45-50+, Patrick 40-45. With the defense all 3 play, that's matchup proof depth down the middle. All 3 lines should see sizable ice time.

No truer words.
And that's exactly what he's done so far.

As far as the people who complained he'd lose value if he moves to RW, au contraire, the ability to do so allows them to put together the best top 9 players, and he can still take faceoffs, play defense and on the PK.

Guys who are flexible and play both ways are worth far more than just their scoring totals because they make it easier to build lines and cover for teammates who are defensively challenged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad