Will Kevin Hayes score 60 pts or more in 2019-2020?

Will Kevin Hayes score 60 pts or more in 2019-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Pretty simple question about how fast he gets out of the blocks. You'll have to factor in injuries, his coach, possible linemates, etc -- no rate stat here!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yes he will. Someone posted a tweet that I bookmarked for something like this. How do you access a bookmarked post?

He hadn’t played with anyone who got over 53 pts last year. He will be playing with Voracek and JVR or TK. He’s going to get PP time. It’s not like coots gets 100 pts. He can get 70 and Hayes can get 60.

Reactions: sa cyred

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
I said yes because of his new linemates (which was mentioned above). Think he'll be right around 60 points.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
If he doesn't have any injuries and plays every game I think 60-64 is a possibility, but I'd put it on the less likely side of the projection. I think he's more likely to be around 53-55.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I expect around 50. There’s potential for 60 but I wouldn’t bet a ton on it.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Depends on how much PP time he gets and who he's playing with on that PP.

A fair expectation would be ~35 ES points. He'd have to overachieve somewhere to hit 60 points, be it ES, PP, or even SH.

50 is an over under that's more appropriate.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
While it's possible Isaac Hayes could usurp Couturier's PP1 role (I lean towards not because he's viewed as our 1C, and it's probably little to no difference), assessing the merits of his season/contract on whether or not he's a 60 point player is probably missing the point.

His value comes at ES/PK. If he can drive possession, play good defense, help our more offensive wingers, and get 40 ES points and find a way to touch 50, he's worth every penny. It's really hard to get more than 50 points without being truly elite offensively at ES and being on PP2 (I'm long past assuming PP2 will do anything, especially if Provorov is QBing it again). If he's paired with Konecny or Voracek, which is a given, it's possible he could peak closer to 55-60. But that's more a career year than yearly.

The expectation shouldn't be to get Hayes 60 points next season. It should be to have Couturier at 70+, Hayes 45-50+, Patrick 40-45. With the defense all 3 play, that's matchup proof depth down the middle. All 3 lines should see sizable ice time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm down for Hayes on PP1 if Couturier kicks Provy off PP2.

Giroux-JVR-Voracek
-----Hayes
---Ghost

Patrick-Konecny-Couturier
-----Lindblom
---Sanheim

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm down for Hayes on PP1 if Couturier kicks Provy off PP2.

Giroux-JVR-Voracek
-----Hayes
---Ghost

Patrick-Konecny-Couturier
-----Lindblom
---Sanheim

It was actually funny that when Knob was in his experimenting phase, Couturier went down to PP2 and the unit suddenly looked better than ever. Most of its points came in like a 2-3 week period, I believe. But I think they'll let him have first crack at the PP1 as a nod to his services and role.

Tangentially, if Farabee/Frost make the team, you have to give them a PP2 role eventually. Frost especially might be the best young PP QB of the lot. These units are getting very cramped, which makes Provorov's written in stone role (he'll be on there) even worse.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Asking if he will score that many pts, is like asking Dave and myself to limit ourselves to 1 trip per day to the hopper.

In no way is 1 a day possible. I already had my 4th trip to the hell hole today. I guess that's a good thing. The Fiber is keeping the chocolate factory moving.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Scoring is going up and he will have his best line mates ever this coming season. Barring how much PP time he gets think he hits 60-65 points this coming season. He most definitely will be given every chance after signing that rather large deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00