Will Horton resign next year?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

trudatman*

it would be awful if he resigns -- he's been the best chairman the neighborhood association has had since Brickel Harmsley in the 1940s. but, then, again, it would be very sad if it doesn't.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If he takes a big pay cut.

Why's he need a paycut? It's only him, Rask, and Ference up for re-sign next year and the cap will likely go up a little the way it has in the past (though I'm not so sure as I've yet to really look into the specifics of the new CBA). He can be resigned easily for around the same money I would imagine. The only guy in that group that could really be looking for a raise is Rask, and a big part of how big that will be depends on how he plays this season.

My guess is Horton resigns. 3 years, $12-14 million.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This wil be a very important short season for him but with the style of game he plays and pretty serious concussion concerns I really don't the B's taking that gamble once again. This has the makings of a crazy off season with some pretty markee names out there.

KCBRUIN

Tuukka Time
Nov 11, 2010
Kansas City Mo.
Why's he need a paycut? It's only him, Rask, and Ference up for re-sign next year and the cap will likely go up a little the way it has in the past (though I'm not so sure as I've yet to really look into the specifics of the new CBA). He can be resigned easily for around the same money I would imagine. The only guy in that group that could really be looking for a raise is Rask, and a big part of how big that will be depends on how he plays this season.

My guess is Horton resigns. 3 years, $12-14 million.

I would say his concussion history makes him a liability for a long term contract. He'll have to sign cheap and short term on his next deal for the Bruins to keep him. By cheap I don't mean entry level, I mean cheap for Horton. So no raise, and a little less than he makes now.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Barring injury he won't be making less than he is now, he is a 25+ goal power forward....

I hope he returns, it's awesome watching he and Lucic feed off of the other's anger on the ice.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Yes it's going to be fun watching the Lucic - Malkin - Horton line in 14-15

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Yes it's going to be fun watching the Lucic - Malkin - Horton line in 14-15

Now wouldn't that deal be something . As long as the trio stay healthy and avoid half season injuries. I think Looch is great but...he has to start producing when is counts most....( playoffs ) and he hasn't in a while. Horton I hope has a decent year. Would love to see Him in the playoffs again soon . Malkin would fit perfect with these two.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I personally think he will. I will be so sad if it doesn't.

Get your tissues is my guess unless he shows, without question he is Nasty Nate, not hesitant Nate and even then, with this new CBA, I still look at other options before penning him to anything cap heavy

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
As much as I'd love for Horton to resign and keep the bromance going, I see Chia trying to get another top level right winger.

On the other hand, if he proves his health and plays hard nosed like he is expected, then there you have it.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I think it will depend on his season and if he can stay injury free. If he get's hurt, I really don't see Chia signing him to a long term deal

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Prepare to be sad but then very happy.

Lucic - Seguin - Perry

That's where I would be looking if I were the Bruins...I'm not sure they should extend themselves for Horton, especially long term. It's not his fault, but the concussion history is a real concern. He also hasn't shown an ability to be consistent through an entire season. I still think one of the main tasks of Neely and Chia is to find someone to play along side of Seguin, Perry would be a perfect fit, in my opinion. That line, with Luc there to create some space, would be lethal. That being said, the Bruins would have to go against the recent trend of building and re-signing from within. Though I do think they would extend themselves for someone outside of the organization if they thought it was the right player.

jasonbaz77*

Barring injury he won't be making less than he is now, he is a 25+ goal power forward....

I hope he returns, it's awesome watching he and Lucic feed off of the other's anger on the ice.

I would love to see him come back- one of my favorite players. I just don't see them paying up for someone who misses entire seasons to concussions...our team has a horrible, painful history with that. All 3 of our star centers had concussions at one point. If he wants to stay I see him taking a cut, or a short contract at the same money he makes now. Just my guess. There will probably be a team or two that takes a chance on him and offers silly money though.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lets see him get through this season being fully healthy before worrying about whether he's going to stick around next year.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
No, I would not re-sign him. I think he's damaged goods at this point. I'd get what I can from him this year and move on.

Chia gives out contract extensions like candy though so we'll see. At some point, you have to walk away from guys. It's the same logic I use when thinking about Ellsbury. Sure, he's an excellent player when he's on the field, but some guys just cannot stay in the lineup often enough to justify the grand pay day.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
I think it's safe to say it's too early to tell. If he's the same guy as the first year he was here then of course. If he keeps on getting injured than of course not. This season will be key

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
1. I hope he's healthy and productive.

2. If #1 = true, then I would love to have him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad