Will He Stay Or Go (Condra)? MOD UPDATE: He GONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if its 3 years i wouldnt mind him walking and maybe signing someone from fa (joel ward anyone)

if its 1 or 2 years i would be fine with that

he is a solid defensive player but considering last year was his highest points per game ever and had the highest shooting percentage in nearly a full season i would be very careful in giving him that many years. Give him 1 or 2 years and if he proves himself and manages to fend off the rookies then i would give him a contract with more term later on

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign Ward as the "top 6" guy Murray looking for who also pitches in bottom 6 with Pageau. And steps up when we need him and plays on our PP. Ward is a great clutch PF guy who also can contribute bout 45-50 points with great 2 way play and grit.

But thinking about the whole Condra ordeal, I believe management see Paul and Lindberg not far away with Puempel and Prince knocking and need to give them opportunity if we need to trade assets as more and proven ones come in.

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I really hope that they keep Condra. Here's very useful and wont be too expensive. I think we all know what players they need to clear out and clear out now. Greening, Neil and Phillips.

We need veterans on the squad as the rest of the core develops and matures. Condra would fit perfectly.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If its not here, I'll bet Montreal. He fits their scheme and upgrades their PK instantly.

And he'll haunt us every game too. :)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If its not here, I'll bet Montreal. He fits their scheme and upgrades their PK instantly.

And he'll haunt us every game too. :)

One of the big reasons I hope the Sens sign him last minute. He contributes so much to their pk.

Not looking good right now tho

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
If he signs for less than 1.5 million a year he is a keeper. If he doesn't I'm fine with him walking and Puempel/Prince/Grant takes his roster spot.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
I like Condra and hope he stays but he is a guy you have to draw a line salary-wise. Money needs to be spent on top guys and teams regret inflated depth player salaries when it's time to pay top players.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If we combine Randy Lee's comments about Robinson being one of the guys at development camp with the best chances to make the team, the fact that Buddy plays the same position as Condra, the fact that Richardson has called Robinson an elite AHL penalty killer, and the fact that 7 teams are allegedly in on the bidding for Condra I'd guess that he's gone for sure.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Condra is a lot like Chris Kelly . . . awesome supporting player that you win with.

He's going to look great wherever he ends up.

BigBush*

Probably the best pond hockey player in the league. Nails the post everytime

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 59s60 seconds ago
Condra closing in on a deal. Tampa is the frontrunner. #Sens
10 retweets 2 favorites
Reply Retweet10 Favorite2
More

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Condra is a lot like Chris Kelly . . . awesome supporting player that you win with.

He's going to look great wherever he ends up.

Been saying that since we got him. And just like Kelly in Boston put them over the top but giving them some bottom line depth, TB will benefit greatly because their bottom 2 lines sucked.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If we combine Randy Lee's comments about Robinson being one of the guys at development camp with the best chances to make the team, the fact that Buddy plays the same position as Condra, the fact that Richardson has called Robinson an elite AHL penalty killer, and the fact that 7 teams are allegedly in on the bidding for Condra I'd guess that he's gone for sure.

Kinda doubt Robinson plays even 5 games next year for Senators. Maybe not 1. So I doubt that is the major consideration. Maybe a minor one for 2016/17 and signing Condra for 2/3 yeara when lots of contracts end after this season. Robinson so great in camp and then a pretty disappointing minor league scoring year. And he is older for a prospect.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 10s11 seconds ago
Condra closing in on deal with Lighting. Just finalizing contract. #Sens
1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad