Will Gaudreau Hit 30 Goals This Year?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Seems almost crazy that he hasn't hit this bench-mark yet in his already remarkable career. The obvious caveat is that he's far more of a play-maker than scorer, but, nonetheless, I think it's important that he gets 30 goals or more a few times in his career. And, to be fair, as he develops some prime and old-man strength, his shot will get harder so the yearly tally should increase over the next few years.

So, will Johnny score 30 this year (he's at 16 after 36 games as of Dec. 21/18)?

I guess he ends up at 35.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I think he does. Maybe even 35. He seems to have worked on his shot a bit. Really should be shooting more rather than forcing passes through 3 defenders.

Thing about Johnny is he can really heat up as a goal scorer and have a couple multi goal games.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He hit 30 goals in 2015–16.

I think he'll hit 30 goals this season, but between him, Monahan, and Lindholm, he'll have the lowest of the three cause he'll be setting them up more than taking the shot. If he doesn't hit 30, he'll be pretty close. Like 28.

Lol, I have old-man memory! I totally forgot. I remember it being close and for some reason thought he still hadn't hit the mark yet. Wow. Still, would be nice to see him string a few together before a decline, eventually.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think he does. Maybe even 35. He seems to have worked on his shot a bit. Really should be shooting more rather than forcing passes through 3 defenders.

Thing about Johnny is he can really heat up as a goal scorer and have a couple multi goal games.

I totally agree. That LA beatdown he put on a few years ago where he scored the hatty still comes to mind. He's too dynamic for his goal scoring to not catch up to the rest of his game.

And I agree that his shot is getting harder. Overall he looks stronger than last year and earlier years. All along I've been saying even 5 or so more lbs of muscle would go a long way. His shot now is less muffin-like lol.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I feel like in seasons past Johnny has scored some goals. I feel that this year he will do the same, but different from this season to last, and different from seasons before that. He’s definitely going to go out there and I’m sure we will see Johnny on the ice making it happen. This I am sure of but none of us know the exact outcome.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I feel like in seasons past Johnny has scored some goals. I feel that this year he will do the same, but different from this season to last, and different from seasons before that. He’s definitely going to go out there and I’m sure we will see Johnny on the ice making it happen. This I am sure of but none of us know the exact outcome.

Thank you for saying what we were all thinking. That takes courage.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yes. Maybe. Depends.

One thing I will say is that I believe his shot has improved this year in comparison to past years. To me, it definitely looks harder. Was Johnny pumping some iron over the summer? His current weight is 165 lbs. I believe last year he was listed at 159 lbs.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Yes. Maybe. Depends.

One thing I will say is that I believe his shot has improved this year in comparison to past years. To me, it definitely looks harder. Was Johnny pumping some iron over the summer? His current weight is 165 lbs. I believe last year he was listed at 159 lbs.

He's huge, absolutely unstoppable

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Yes. Maybe. Depends.

Bingo. Exactly what I said for the last 2-3 years. I'm sure the coaching and nutritionists were all over this with him. Plus he's pretty much into his physical prime now and the next few years will be him seasoning into his prime self. Sucks we didn't get him a couple of years earlier, but alas being the size he was he wasn't likely to make it with the big club much younger than he did. Not like someone with a physique like Monahan or Bennet.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, heck even Lindholm are a year older and more mature, gaining strength and or weight, harder on the puck, and shoot with more authority. Its natural as these boys really become men. To me this means we're in for some great hockey over the next few years. And, I can hardly wait for Chucky to catch up! That will be scary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad