Will EA NHL Ever Capatalize on NHL 94 Success and Make a Remastered Version?

Would you play an NHL 94 remake?

• Total voters

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
If they could come to other markets such as PC and the Nintendo Switch. I'd play the shit out of a remake if they came to the Nintendo Switch. It's a huge market where I'm sure there are a ton of NHL fans. EA NHL needs to capitalize on the handheld market and just Nintendo in general is a huge company.

EA NHL has to have a better marketing team so does the NHL in general I get it. But one way to capitalize on a market is to look at that company's success EA and NHL's biggest success as pair was EA NHL 94 yes a classic (One that was on the Super Nintendo btw). Why not remake the classic with updated graphics, the stick technology/ the best technology they can use and bring it to Nintendo and PC? And don't take out the gimmicks that people loved about the game. Keep the same rosters, That's how EA NHL should reintroduce themselves to these markets maybe make more gimmicks like giant heads or something.

Make the game fun and a gimmick and playable online, make it the same music, same rules, every hits counts, same sound effects, same silly ref camera just make it fun like the Nintendo version can have the Nintendo characters in it.

There needs to be a fun NHL game again because the game right now is too skilled people take it too seriously they try to make it to"realistic" but remember when games weren't "realistic"? They were fun as hell! Guarantee you that's how EA NHL as a sub-market would make a good profit. Every EA NHL after that they can go back to whatever theyr'e doing but man just capitalize on your success already that was NHL 94! /Rant.

Edit lets get both the Reddit and HF communities together on this: I started a Reddit post and got 5 replies back within 5 minutes. So there's definitely a market there with classic sports games and remakes.

Edit: Trying to get all communities linked together on Reddit but apparently there's a limit and I got banned from the Stars community for some reason, wtf Dallas?

Last edited:

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
Hell yeah, I'd love that. I don't agree that it should be untouched though. It certainly could use some modern refinements. The sounds for example, while classic and nostalgic, are absolutely archaic. They could use some cleaning up and even some additions to add a little bit to the atmosphere during gameplay. I also doubt they could use original rosters, player rights would probably be a nightmare and I don't think it should be that way either. Current teams, rosters and refinements for modern controls and screens/entertainment systems. I agree, that'd be a great way to enter the Switch/PC/Casual market.

Reactions: gopinator09

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The game was hidden on NHL 06 PS2 without the 94 roster and some of the since relocated teams official logos. Also Sean Ramjagsingh clearly has no intention of putting the series on pc every year he says its a possibility but it never happens.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Right, we just got this. I'd rather have a remake of NHL HITZ--was one of the most pure fun games ever.
I’ve never played this until I emulated it with PCSX2, wow this is the game that needs to be remade and put on all consoles. It reminds me of pretty much the hockey version of Mario Strikers. I’ve been playing it non stop for the last 2 days.

Edit: Might actually consider buying a PS3 (early version with the ps2 chip) to play this game and many more. Emulation is amazing but it’s not the same there are so many bugs.

Reactions: Boxscore

Browntrout

Apr 2, 2018
I just want the rosters mainly. Put NHL 94s rosters in the game now and let me use them in Franchise mode. I’d be so happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad