Will Dave Tippett leave the Coyotes at the end of the year?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/will-dave-tippett-be-back-with-coyotes-next-season/

“The last time I spoke to someone close to Dave Tippett, which wasn’t that long ago, the message I got back was Dave and his wife are going to meet at the end of the season and they’re going to consider what’s best for their future. Now I don’t believe that anyone has come out and confirmed that Dave Tippett has an out in his contract. We know that he has term remaining on his contract. So until that happens it’s all very speculative, but if Dave Tippett and his wife are meeting, are going to discuss their future at the end of the year, that sounds to be like he’s got an out in his deal. If he has an out, I’d be surprised if he didn’t exercise it because I can’t imagine that Dave Tippett signed his contract extension again knowing that he was going to face a rebuild.”

Quote from Dreger on Ottawa radio today speculating about the possibility of Tippett leaving the Coyotes at the end of the year.

Article also features some thoughts by LeBrun on the situation as well.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think he will stay. He said it himself that he sees this as a quick turnaround. And if we land McEichel (especially McDavid)? No chance he's walking away from that.

Last edited:

MP

Feb 8, 2008
He gave us a great couple of years, and without those, we might not have a team now. But this isn't the right place for him anymore. It would be in his own interests to find a team with a roster more compatible with his philosophy.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
He needs to do what is best for the rebuild, and walk away. I genuinely don't believe he has the ability to adapt from a veteran coach to a prospect/rebuild coach. He's far better off getting a job on another team with plenty of Vets.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Tippett's wife has a successful career I believe in real estate. She may not want to move.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I voted for He'll stay, but ideally he should leave. I also accidentally voted for "yes" at the same time, so ignore that.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He'll stay but I'd prefer he go. Playfair will also stay, and moss, chip and korpi will sign multiyear deals to stay for the next 5 years. We'll trade our first for klinkhammer, then the rebuild will be complete.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
"Dave and his wife are going to meet at the end of the season"

So formal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
No incentive for him to stay other than to keep the wife happy, if she even wants to stay in AZ. Every other sign points to the door, potential lottery win aside.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I'm not voting until we know what sort of team we'll have first. IMO, it's premature to discuss next season with so many questions that need to be answer first.
Who wins the lottery?
Will NHLPA vote against escrow?
Will Barroway increase payroll?
If we win the lottery and the NHLPA votes against escrow, Barroway would be a fool not to take advantage and give GMDM the OK to increase payroll and take advantage of other teams' cap issues. In a perfect storm we could become contenders, unfortunately it will likely just be a drissle...

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
I'm not voting until we know what sort of team we'll have first. IMO, it's premature to discuss next season with so many questions that need to be answer first.
Who wins the lottery?
If we win the lottery and the NHLPA votes against escrow, Barroway would be a fool not to take advantage and give GMDM the OK to increase payroll and take advantage of other teams' cap issues. In a perfect storm we could become contenders, unfortunately it will likely just be a drissle...

You are right about this.

Last edited:

Feb 12, 2003
I sure hope he leaves.

You and me both.

I don't see him sticking around if he thinks he can land somewhere else. San Jose makes a lot of sense for Tip and he can probably get them back into the playoffs with the roster they have. The key thing for the Sharks this summer is who they get in the net.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Tippet is defiently one of the better coaches in the league. With a veteran roster and solid goaltending. I don't trust him to develop offensive prospects.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Who wins the lottery?
All this.

Everything sounds simple on Canadian radio when Dreger wants ears and most of the teams up there (Leafs, Canucks, Oilers, Jets) all suck and would be interested in Tipp's autograph.

4th option. I think Tipp is gone but I'm not happy about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad