Will Babcock ever coach in the NHL again?

Will Babcock ever coach in the NHL again?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Yes. There are very few coaches with a stanley cup and a history of taking multiple franchises to the playoffs.

I think the main reason Babcock isn't coaching right now is because the Leafs are paying his $6.25 million salary until his contract expires in 2023 and he'd have to give it up to coach in the NHL

If Tortorella can re-invent his reputation, so can Babcock, whether he does or not is a different question

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Nope. He got a pretty bad reputation pretty quickly, seemed like everybody was piling on him. Not sure any GM is willing to hire him anymore.

I don't know if anyone gets desperate enough. For a long time I thought Mike Keenan would get yet another chance after his Flames stint, but it never happened.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think the main reason Babcock isn't coaching right now is because the Leafs are paying his $6.25 million salary until his contract expires in 2023 and he'd have to give it up to coach in the NHL

He interviewed for the Washington job, that's not the issue. Pretty sure the Leafs still have to pay whatever difference there would be.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
He interviewed for the Washington job, that's not the issue. Pretty sure the Leafs still have to pay whatever difference there would be.

I had no idea he interviewed for the Caps opening, TIL

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The job is only for 1 year - hes suppose to mentor/train an assistant coach that will take over the program.

I'm sure he'll back in the NHL.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think he will, but he won't be expecting the same salary he got in Toronto.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don't think so. I think the game has passed him by. He couldn't teach D to a young, talented team so how can he really coach in the NHL?

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Head Coach? I’d say no but maybe as an assistant or some capacity like that, he won’t be running the show though

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

We choose though. The Caps have to ask us, how much we'll pay. They may even have to pass a player to us, like CBJ did
with Torts. Not as simple as us footing the bill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad