Will Andreas Johnsson be back in time?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
In my previous post I did mention that I'm all for it, IF he earns the position.
but again I don't think he's ready. until he beats out a player for that roster spot. I don't think anything should be given to him.
I'd rather see Robertson get some Regular Season games in before being inserted into a playoff series.
He's most likely going to just get pushed around.
Dabrincat is 5’7” 165 i believe, can skate and shoot. He flourished pretty good with the Hawks as likely a pretty good comparable for Robertson. Thing is pace and reads for Nick, if he is on top of his game away from the puck and keeps pace he is in. He killed penalties with the Petes so i hope that’s a help for him. Lets see but this is fun to have another high end prospect. More fun because of his draft position we got him at.
We have to win 19 games instead of 16 games for a cup. Nobody’s going to go there for long if they do try devaluing this cup champion.

Reactions: Menzinger

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Dabrincat is 5’7” 165 i believe, can skate and shoot. He flourished pretty good with the Hawks as likely a pretty good comparable for Robertson. Thing is pace and reads for Nick, if he is on top of his game away from the puck and keeps pace he is in. He killed penalties with the Petes so i hope that’s a help for him. Lets see but this is fun to have another high end prospect. More fun because of his draft position we got him at.
We have to win 19 games instead of 16 games for a cup. Nobody’s going to go there for long if they do try devaluing this cup champion.
If he's ready Im down to have him in the lineup. and not many people come out like DeBrincat. I just hope thats what we got in Robertson. also the weight listed on eliteprospects may not even be his real weight anymore. I imagine if he's had the equipment He's been working out and trying to get ready for the NHL. hopefully he makes it. but then again if he doesn't not a big deal. we got plenty of guys on the Marlies who can come in and chip in on a reduced role on the 3rd/4th line.
and No one will unless the Leafs win the cup. then you can almost guarantee people will down play it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If he's ready Im down to have him in the lineup. and not many people come out like DeBrincat. I

The funny thing is that just as many - maybe more - small guys come in with an impact as big guys.

Cale Makar came right into the playoffs and played great and he's tiny and plays a more physically demanding position.

Its kinda silly people still get hung up on size so much. Size didn't make gauthier nhl ready at 19.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Debrincat's a very interesting comp. (Especially since I have a strong suspicion that dubas was yelling at everyone to draft him instead of korshkov but was ignored).

Nick is actually bigger than debrincat and seems a year ahead in development - nick's 18yr old season is pretty similar to Debrincat's 19yr old season....and debrincat was immediately a quality 2nd line type guy as a 20yr old rookie.

At this point these new playoffs will be more like the start of nick's 19yr old season than the end of his 18yr old season so a similar impact from nick right now wouldn't be a shock. But we don't even need him to be that good right away for him to be useful.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The funny thing is that just as many - maybe more - small guys come in with an impact as big guys.

Cale Makar came right into the playoffs and played great and he's tiny and plays a more physically demanding position.

Its kinda silly people still get hung up on size so much. Size didn't make gauthier nhl ready at 19.
I wasn't talking about size, but his weight is 160 pounds... How well has Jack Hughes done this season? 170 pounds. kids incredibly talented but he was getting pushed around and it was limiting his overall success as a rookie. Hughes is good enough to be in the NHL but physically he wasn't ready this year

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I wasn't talking about size, but his weight is 160 pounds... How well has Jack Hughes done this season? 170 pounds. kids incredibly talented but he was getting pushed around and it was limiting his overall success as a rookie. Hughes is good enough to be in the NHL but physically he wasn't ready this year

he's actually bigger than that. he was 164 at the combine last year.

Reactions: stickty111

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
he's actually bigger than that. he was 164 at the combine last year.
elite prospects has him at 170 or something now. I would assume hes been weight training through this time off and will most likely come bigger and stronger than he was at the start of the season
was talking about Hughes there sorry, yeah hes at 164 or something I forgot to put it 160+

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
elite prospects has him at 170 or something now. I would assume hes been weight training through this time off and will most likely come bigger and stronger than he was at the start of the season
was talking about Hughes there sorry, yeah hes at 164 or something I forgot to put it 160+
It did look like Hughes was overmatched physically this past season. He really didn't have much insulation on a rather poor Devils team. The Leafs can insulate Robertson. I wonder if getting him 10 games this season to burn an ELC year is a better ploy than giving him a full 3 seasons starting next season on his ELC come contract time....

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
It did look like Hughes was overmatched physically this past season. He really didn't have much insulation on a rather poor Devils team. The Leafs can insulate Robertson. I wonder if getting him 10 games this season to burn an ELC year is a better ploy than giving him a full 3 seasons starting next season on his ELC come contract time....
oh Leafs could insulate him much better than the Devils could. I mean they could have a little bit. Hischier/Zajac/Hughes/Zacha
I don't think it would. I think their contract for the year is paid up when playoffs comes around isnt it? I swear they aren't getting paid in the playoffs. I don't know much on that subject. but I would imagine that you cant burn a year of ELC after exceeding 9 games in the post season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad