Celebrity Death: Wilford Brimley (85)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
A little known fact is that Wilford Brimley was in John Carpenter's The Thing. He was barely recognizable after hair and makeup got done with him.

blair-the-thing.jpg

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I always found him an annoying actor but he got the most out of what he had to work with.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
His finest acting ever was in Absence of Malice. Kind of a so-so movie overall because of what (then at least) seemed like a far fetched plot, but when you only need a 10 minute scene to steal a movie that includes Paul Newman, Sally Field, Melinda Dillon, and Bob Balaban, you are that damn great as an actor:

(the whole scene is 10 minutes, and this is the 2 minute into to an inquiry conducted by Brimley)

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
His finest acting ever was in Absence of Malice. Kind of a so-so movie overall because of what (then at least) seemed like a far fetched plot, but when you only need a 10 minute scene to steal a movie that includes Paul Newman, Sally Field, Melinda Dillon, and Bob Balaban, you are that damn great as an actor:

(the whole scene is 10 minutes, and this is the 2 minute into to an inquiry conducted by Brimley)

Yes, this was my favourite performance.

P.S. Paul Newman sure is one ugly dude!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad