GDT: Wild vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i caught a lot of the game on fox n plus #254. i forget if it was radulov that just blew by rask like he was standing still luckily doobs made the save. no room for rask if it was my team. in the 1st & 2nd we looked fast , slower in the 3rd. glad doobs was alright after that save off the mask (needed repair). good game even though our power play was lame. good shot by spur that hit the goalies shoulder normally that's a goal.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nino for a guy struggling to make the top-12. *sigh*

It is what it is at this point. You would have liked to get more out of a Nino return, but Nino himself wasn't really getting the job done here either. Better to look forward than to look back.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
How did Fiala look?
Good, to my eyes.

There were a few times that he'd carry the puck in, get caught by the defense, and didn't seem to have a clear idea of what his options were so it just kind of fizzled and went the other way. He seems like a very instinctual player, a little like Dumba, which is a double-edged thing. He likes to shoot and make things happen, and he's good at doing it, but I think he needs to settle in.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Blackhawk guy in peace ...
Caught the condensed game you guys look good.
What I read CHI & MIN consensus for bottom dwellers the Central Division and believe me, watching our last go against the Caps, that prediction has more than a bit of merit - brutal spanking from a Cup contender that my club obviously ain't - but you guys looking good.

Big Ryan Hartman guy and he WILL frustrate you at times but I'd take him on my club 8 days a week. Think he'll get you 25 Gs and 55-60 pts total. And sprinkling some salt all the way along. ;-)

My plan this season is to "parlay" Minny & my club against the rest of the Central so pulling for the Wild every game 'cept head-to-heads of course.

Here's to staying healthy as possible & some puck luck too ...
Go Hawks ... And Wild!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Hartman will probably play on the 4th line so im only predicting 10G for him. glad you think highly of his ability, we need it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What I read CHI & MIN consensus for bottom dwellers the Central Division and believe me, watching our last go against the Caps, that prediction has more than a bit of merit - brutal spanking from a Cup contender that my club obviously ain't - but you guys looking good.

Big Ryan Hartman guy and he WILL frustrate you at times but I'd take him on my club 8 days a week. Think he'll get you 25 Gs and 55-60 pts total. And sprinkling some salt all the way along. ;-)

My plan this season is to "parlay" Minny & my club against the rest of the Central so pulling for the Wild every game 'cept head-to-heads of course.

Go Hawks ... And Wild!

That's... optimistic.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
25G is optimistic, but Hartman looks like a guy that'll eat a top-6er's lunch if they struggle to produce. I can also see him getting tried as a right shot on the powerplay once that (inevitably) starts to go flat.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
How did Fiala look?
I thought he looked good in the first, but then regressed to just flinging the puck around. Had real problems exiting the defensive zone when he got the puck on the half wall. It seemed like he may be a little scared and so he just gets rid of the puck to anywhere before he can get hit.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, seeing as it was his first game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man, I love Boudreau.

If Greenway can find a way to play his best consistently then we've got something. I don't see him ever being a big pojnt getter, but he affects the game, big time, when he's on. The scary thing is that he is only going to get stronger.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Seems like one of Suter, Spurgeon and Dumba is always injured, and Brodin is left to Eddie Murphy the bottom-4 with whatever wigs and fat suits they have lying around.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I guess it’s relative to the rest of our top 4. In a vacuum no, but compared to Suter, Spurgeon and Dumba? Easily replaceable.

You're 100% correct, no argument from me. Out of the top 4, he is the most replaceable.

But I was more alluding to the, "In a vacuum" side of things. I think he's under appreciated by many fans (not yourself or many folks here) but we know historically our PK takes a massive hit when he's out and replacing the dzone starts and tougher minutes he plays isn't as easy as many think.

Glad we have him while we do!

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

Go Hawks ... And Wild!
With your forwards and our defense we could finish in a WC spot!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There were a few times that he'd carry the puck in, get caught by the defense, and didn't seem to have a clear idea of what his options were so it just kind of fizzled and went the other way.
This is what Fiala does most of the time unfortunately. He hogs the puck, doesn't see the ice very well - both his linemates and defenders - skates himself into trouble, struggles to try to skate himself out of trouble, then turns it over.

All the skill in the world, but not great vision and not the highest of hockey IQ's.

I hope he can improve and become the player Fenton advertised him as... we paid a hefty price for him, gotta root for him to turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad