Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs. Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
flower in net. mea culpa. i have to wipe that smart smirk off of my face, but truly I thought that Sully would stick with MM, and that MAF will be a classic back up goalie.

I am really surprised. (sounds familiar this week anyway...)

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
flower in net. mea culpa. i have to wipe that smart smirk off of my face, but truly I thought that Sully would stick with MM, and that MAF will be a classic back up goalie.

I am really surprised. (sounds familiar this week anyway...)

I'm not too concerned about Fleury playing games at this point, even though he's been subpar. You ARE allowed to start your backup.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
It's a condensed schedule, Murray is young, recovering from injury, and had a very short summer considering the cup, World Cup etc. I have no problem platooning him and Fleury for the forseeable future until one proves themselves to be obviously superior. By the trade deadline we will have this sorted out.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's a condensed schedule, Murray is young, recovering from injury, and had a very short summer considering the cup, World Cup etc. I have no problem platooning him and Fleury for the forseeable future until one proves themselves to be obviously superior. By the trade deadline we will have this sorted out.

Seriously, what "proof" more do they need?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wild have a lot of offensive tools in their arsenal and they have the right coach to harness it, they're also due (their stars) to have a goal spurt. I'd rather see Murray in net but I am guessing Fleury gets the start and it might not end well for the Pens.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
****, I'm going tonight. Oh well, I'm sure Fleury will respond well to the pressure after Murray having 3 great starts in a row. He's known for being cool as a cucumber.

It's a home game. He'll be fine. See: 5-0-1, 2.30 GAA, .930 SV% at home -vs- 1-2-1, 4.31 GAA, .871 SV% on the road.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
That sounds awfully "get to our gamey"

i mean every coach kind of talks like that. the difference is sully's game won the cup and is proven and he actively critiques it and points out flaws, whereas bylsma's was something he just made up after winning with therrien's and he just used it as a cop out

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

That this is even raised as being in doubt is why some of us are scared as **** about how the Pens will resolve their goalie situation by this summer.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd like to say I'm surprised that Fleury's getting the start, but I'd be lying.

To be honest, Fleury getting the start tonight isn't a big deal to me. Fleury getting the start the *next* game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad