Series Talk: Wild vs. Jets (Round 1)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
**Mod note: As a friendly reminder, please keep the rules in mind. Avoid attacking specific posters/fanbases. Let's focus on the teams on the ice, and not resort to attacking our fellow fans, regardless of who they cheer for. Thanks!**

Wild officially clinched a Playoff spot. :banana::dumbo::pickle:

I'm stealing this idea from the Jets forum. I'm also stealing Bazeek's setup. I'll update the opponent's roster when it becomes official.

:wild

Zucker - Staal - Niederreiter
Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Ennis (Greenway) - Cullen - Coyle
Winnik - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno

Brodin - Dumba
Seeler - Murphy
Soucy - Prosser

Dubnyk
Stalock

Injured:
Kunin (ACL, out)
Suter (Ankle, out)
Spurgeon (Hamstring, questionable)
Olofsson (concussion, questionable)

:jets

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler

Ehlers - Stastny - Laine

Perrault - Little - Armia/Roslovic

Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Trouba
Chariot/Morrow - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

Hellebuyck
Mason

Injured:
Kulikov

Game day/time (all times CT), looks like dark o-clock start time for the Fins:

• Wednesday, April 11 6 p.m. (2am Finland), Minnesota at Winnipeg on CNBC
    • Friday, April 13 6:30 p.m. (2:30am Finland), Minnesota at Winnipeg on USA
    • Sunday, April 15 6 p.m. (2am Finland), Winnipeg at Minnesota on USA
    • Tuesday, April 17 7 p.m. (3am Finland), Winnipeg at Minnesota on CNBC
    • *Friday, April 20 TBD Minnesota at Winnipeg
    • *Sunday, April 22 TBD Winnipeg at Minnesota
    • *Wednesday, April 25 TBD Minnesota at Winnipeg

Just keep it civil so the mods don't yell at us. :scared:

Playoff bandwagon fans more than welcome.

Last edited:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm going to state this now that I hope this 99% likely matchup against the Jets stays civil, and this doesn't turn into an Avs kind of rivalry where the fans constantly shit on each other.

The only game I've gone to this season was against the Jets, one of our 6 regulation losses at home (Oct 31). Here's hoping that turns around.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm going to state this now that I hope this 99% likely matchup against the Jets stays civil, and this doesn't turn into an Avs kind of rivalry where the fans constantly **** on each other.

The only game I've gone to this season was against the Jets, one of our 6 regulation losses at home (Oct 31). Here's hoping that turns around.
Agreed. I've liked the tone of most of the Jets/Wild crosstalk on here over the years and hope it doesn't jump into the same gutter that the Avs/Wild stuff has. I think both series with the Blues went pretty well, in that respect.

As for the potential series itself... it'll be an uphill battle, but we'll see how it goes. Historically, many of this team's best moments have come as the underdog, so you never know.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Well, there will be no pressure on us, the Jets should beat us pretty easily without Suter and Spurgeon. Go out there and play loose, see what happens.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Just happy they made it. I hope they rest up some of the players a little bit. Especially Brodin/Dumba.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well, it's lovely travel schedule. Jets seem to be too good right now. And those key injuries that Wild have, definitely slant the odds in Winnipeg favour considerably.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Russo wrote in his article that there is no real way to rest any guys. We have no extra defensemen and only 1 extra forward.

Yeah. I think only way to share the workoad is getting all the lines and most of the pairs close to equal amonut of ice time. Especially when Ek's 4th been looking nice and solid recently.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah. I think only way to share the workoad is getting all the lines and most of the pairs close to equal amonut of ice time. Especially when Ek's 4th been looking nice and solid recently.
Yeah that will hopefully be the idea. Get the bottom pair defense and the 4th line some bigger minutes over the last few games.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
And yes, Winnipeg is clear front runner and huge favorite here. I mean by Suter's country mile.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i fully expected last year the jets would be playing this well so this year is no surprise. big , fast , talented will be a tuff opponent. bottom line to be the best you have to beat the best. go wild!

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Then again, Wild have lots of experience while the Jets have jet to win a playoff game :sarcasm:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope Greenway is drinking those milkshakes( Snuffy's, natch), and visiting the weight room. If nothing else, having him in the lineup, as well as Soucy and Seeler, tips us over into being a team that is much bigger than the usual Wild teams, and unlikely to be bullied.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
For the first time since last year, I feel excited to watch some playoff hockey. And it won't be as frustrating having no expectations. Time to shock the world and take this baby to game 5! :sarcasm:

Goose312

May 15, 2015
If the Wild do end up against Winnipeg I really hope the Wild win. Like more than just for the sake of the Wild winning, the Jets fans have gone from a friendly good natured bunch to just a [mod] and need to shut up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If the Wild do end up against Winnipeg I really hope the Wild win. Like more than just for the sake of the Wild winning, the Jets fans have gone from a friendly good natured bunch to just a [mod] and need to shut up a bit.
I keep seeing references to suddenly arrogant Jets fans, but I feel like I've completely missed it. Is this all just main board talk I've missed?

Last edited by a moderator:

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fan here,

Really looking forward to the Minnesota, Winnipeg match up. Mostly for the close proximity of the two teams, the rivalry is bound to happen.

Would have been nice to see a battle of best on best (Suter injury) but I still think the Wild have what it takes to win.

Should be a great series!

Cheers.

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Jets fan here.
Can not wait for the playoffs to start!
The atmosphere in both rinks are going to be insane with those competing chants!
Let’s Go Wild...Go Jets Go!!
I have friends in the twin cities, ( can’t spell minni, so went with twin cities :) )
I expect the Jets to win, but it’s gonna be a battle all the way through!
Good Luck boys!!

Reactions: Bazeek

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
You guys nailed it! This is actually great feeling. Enjoying the game of hockey and seeing what it brings for us. No worries, no awfull stress, no antipathy or apathy.

And I can't stress enough how important this series is for the Jets team. They are firmly sitting on a driver's seat. We're a little brother teasing and yelling from the back seat...

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I keep seeing references to suddenly arrogant Jets fans, but I feel like I've completely missed it. Is this all just main board talk I've missed?

From what I've seen on the main board, I'd expect the Jets' thread like this one to start at Round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad