Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs Jets - Fri Oct 20 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This isn't just the real test... this is a must win. A couple of weeks into a new season and we are already looking at must win games. :shakehead

Can't afford to fall too far behind a wild card team like Vegas. :(

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
LLE is death pony, but really I just worry about line combinations to distract myself from the deep issues rooted in the very soul of this franchise.

Minnesota is very injured, so they need to jump on the opportunity. Jets can win this. Armia is awake now, Connor is back, This is a win!

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
How many losses it will take until Cheif and Laine are allowed to play together 5on5? I'd really like to hear the explanation behind this logic. Little and Wheeler have proven chemistry, or at least that is what people on this board keep telling. :huh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
[]How many losses it will take until Cheif and Laine are allowed to play together 5on5? [/b]I'd really like to hear the explanation behind this logic. Little and Wheeler have proven chemistry, or at least that is what people on this board keep telling. :huh:

More than 3 I think based on practice today

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
How many losses it will take until Cheif and Laine are allowed to play together 5on5? I'd really like to hear the explanation behind this logic. Little and Wheeler have proven chemistry, or at least that is what people on this board keep telling. :huh:
It will take couple more losses, then they'll play together and if they don't score 20 minutes into the game, the blender comes out.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Can't believe but help to think this coach is a total idiot. After struggling on the knees basically almost all the entire start of the season, he still refuses to break Scheifele and Wheeler . I don't mind the Ehlers & Laine combo but still. Better to not expect too much. With some good luck Chev wakes up before Maurice, gets an actual coach and saves the season.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Wish we could bring Rolso up for that 3C spot Copp. Is shitting the bed all over this year.

Also wish Lemieux could get into the game.

After watching Connor last night I'm willing to see if these guys also don't want to play for the moose again this year.

Matthias/Copp/Dano/Petan are all on notice for me right now.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
In this situation, how about keeping DPA together, because they were actually good and somewhat clicked, and drop useless MCT line behind them ? Is it really that hard ? + I don't want Tasmanian blackhole anywhere near Armia.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player practice audio: Little, Chiarot & Mason.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Reflections on Tragically Hip’s Gord Downie. Putting the Columbus game behind them. On the play of Steve Mason. Which goalie plays on Friday? Trends in their 2nd periods? How do they practice speed? When does “effort” play into things? Does he anticipate any line changes for Friday’s game? Health updates. Maintaining structure when the team is behind. On the way the players have played in front of Mason. Do players relax when playing in front of certain goalies and get away from the system? On the team relying on Mason too much.

To listen click here.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Jets will be better this game, considering how decimated the Wild are with injuries they don't have the talent upfront to make the Jets pay for playing in their zone for most of the game. This will be more like the Canucks game. The Jets might even win the Corsi battle for only the second time this season after this game, the Wild team has been getting buried in shots in part due to their injuries, the average team would easily win the territorial battle, I expect the Jets to only squeak through if they win the territorial battle at all

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Totally agree with this. Don't think he'd be any worse than Lowry, Copp, Petan. Probably be a fair bit better actually judging from the games I've seen him in this season.

Certainly not worse than Copp anyways. Think Armia could shelter Roslo a bit on the 3rd line. Not sure who would be a decent LW for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad