Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs Jets - Feb 7 7:00pm CT (3am Finland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like the look of the 4th line, in theory that's a solid bottom 6...

This is a very good line-up, in theory. Bad goaltending and porous D seems to be the problem when this team struggles. Also, they don't always play with the kind of intensity that they need to win consistently.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The two highest scoring teams in the western conference

IMG_3319.jpg

As a team, the Wild are shooting over 10% 5v5 and over 11% overall. Combine that with the 2nd best save% in the league and you are going to win a lot of games. Jets actually have better shot metrics than the Wild this season.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
As a team, the Wild are shooting over 10% 5v5 and over 11% overall. Combine that with the 2nd best save% in the league and you are going to win a lot of games. Jets actually have better shot metrics than the Wild this season.

Very similar shots for and against

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
There is no question when it comes to the Wild, goaltending is a major factor. Minnesota 24th in CF%. 2nd sh%, 2nd sv%

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
my favorite stat is team points

MINN 73
WPG 54

I was reflecting on how the teams got to there point totals. The Wild have been feasting off top end goaltending and shooting. Wild are #2 in the league in PDO, behind the Caps and well ahead of the #3 team in the league.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Below is a sampling of questions asked by the media post-practice as per illegal curve http://illegalcurve.com/2017/02/06/winnipeg-jets-practice-report-99/ . Clearly they are not trying to push a narrative here :sarcasm: :

To Wheeler:
What has Pavelec done since he’s been back with the Jets?
Are all saves created equal?

To Byfuglien:
On what Pavelec has done for this team?
Are all saves created equal and then discussion of “timely†saves?

To Pavelec:
Are all saves created equal?
Do numbers matter?

To Scheifele:
What has Pavelec done for this group?
On Pavelec’s big saves and what it does for the group?

To Maurice:
Is he surprised at how smoothly Pavelec has handled the transition?
What do Pavelec’s “timely†saves do for the Jets?

We see what you are trying to do Winnipeg Media. We see you.

HalfWallWheeler*

Jan 16, 2017
the medias narrative is def ran by true norths media team before interviews and releasing in articles. seems like on big truman show and their playing us as fools.

the loss against colorado really annoyed me i feel minni is a garunteed loss so it makes losing to avs that much worse.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
So sick of pavelec fake news and alternative facts. Let him earn a roster spot and make a difference before we make a statue.

I like the Wild. Jets have no business winning this one so I'll say they win it 4-3. Keep the 3 streak going

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
With our defensive system and poor PK, we are going to get hammered tomorrow. From a talent perspective, other than goaltending, we more than match up well. Their goaltending and coaching are going to destroy us!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
With our defensive system and poor PK, we are going to get hammered tomorrow. From a talent perspective, other than goaltending, we more than match up well. Their goaltending and coaching are going to destroy us!

Now, settle down son! We've got us a functional 4th line.:)

john-wayne-reloading-gun-stagecoach-spinning-reload-1381523136N.gif

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
If Pavs starts again we can guess that there is something seriously wrong with Hellebuyck in practice. He must be getting lit up and not looking right. Maybe the universe will make sense again and Helle will start.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
If Pavs starts again we can guess that there is something seriously wrong with Hellebuyck in practice. He must be getting lit up and not looking right. Maybe the universe will make sense again and Helle will start.

Have you not heard Maurice & the media rave about how good Pavs has been throughout this series as he sports a well below 900 save % and a ballooning GAA of well over 3.0. Something seriously wrong with Maurice -- our lapdog media is not too far behind him in the demented category

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Have you not heard Maurice & the media rave about how good Pavs has been throughout this series as he sports a well below 900 save % and a ballooning GAA of well over 3.0. Something seriously wrong with Maurice -- the our lapdog media is not too far behind him in the demented category

Yup considering Helle came out and had a real nice game since his meltdown I'd say this is Maurice losing the plot and running with his vet safely net. I'm sure Helle needs some practice time to work on things but he needs games just as much and considering he's performed better than PAVS he should be playing.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Someone start a Fire Maurice chant tomorrow. That's the only way the Jets will listen.

Or when ppl go Pavy Pavy cuz u know he's playing... yell SUCKS

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Its bloody obvious that Patrik Laine can't do much from RW side,
his true (natural) position is LW,why this is SO DIFFICULT
for Maurice to see.

if Paul Maurice won't make the switch for tonights game,vs Wild,
or in the near future,i'm gonna go to Winnipeg and kick his a-s-s .:hit:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Its bloody obvious that Patrik Laine can't do much from RW side,
his true (natural) position is LW,why this is SO DIFFICULT
for Maurice to see.

if Paul Maurice won't make the switch for tonights game,vs Wild,
or in the near future,i'm gonna go to Winnipeg and kick his a-s-s .:hit:

He's 2nd in rookie scoring predominantly from the RW side. You really saying he can't do much from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad