Pre-Game Talk: Wild vs Jets Dec 29 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You know what else is depressing? They call up Cormier. We have no one on the farm who can play 3LW.

Every indication would suggest they don't have a lot of confidence on any of the forwards on the Rock. It seems to be they trust Cromier the most to be able to slot in if needed.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I did a double take on the SN broadcast last night. They a graphic with a closeup of Maurice during the game stating he had a 36-22-6 record with the Jets. Not even one second later they had another with the current Jets record of 19-10-7. Must be the 'new math' they teach in school.

36-22-12 (0.600 point percentage, or 98.4 pace for an 82 game schedule)...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Stupid shot by Harrison to nail Kane on the outside of the ankle/foot. He had lots of time and all he needed to do was take a look and he would have seen that Kane was right in front of him. Kane was really ticked at Harrison, and I can understand why.

Speaking of stupid shots, who didn't see Postma's shot from the point being blocked on one of the Jet's PP's!:shakehead You would think by now Postma would realize when and when not to attempt a shot.

No big loss if Kane's out for a couple of games, it's not like he scores anyway, you lose a bit of speed and some tenacious fore-checking but for $6M per that's not a lot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Speaking of stupid shots, who didn't see Postma's shot from the point being blocked on one of the Jet's PP's!:shakehead You would think by now Postma would realize when and when not to attempt a shot.

No big loss if Kane's out for a couple of games, it's not like he scores anyway, you lose a bit of speed and some tenacious fore-checking but for $6M per that's not a lot.

I agree on Postma's shot. Dumb play. Kane with two big assists in a crucial game against a key opponent is okay with me.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam

Disagree. While I think Kane isn't playing up to his contract, he's still a significant loss and has been playing better as of late. He's getting his money either way and I'd much rather have him on the ice than hurt, especially with our current injury situation.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
I was in the 3rd row at the game in Minnesota and I watched Kane pretty closely.

He was clenching his teeth a lot and appeared to be in pretty serious pain for the rest of the game after that shot he took.

Good on him for finishing the game and getting 2 helpers but I wouldn't be surprised if he missed a game or two.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Can't wait for this game. It being - 150 degrees Fahrenheit outside makes me stay home.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So we get Munz tonight

@BrianMunzTSN: Pumped to be doing play by play on TSN3 tonight for #NHLJets vs #mnwild w @ShaneHnidy & @saraorlesky. #TSN_Sports. #1stNHLTVgame #bucketlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad