Confirmed with Link: Wild signs Mike Weber to NHL contract for rest of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

the move provides the wild with more defenseman depth.

The 29-year-old has played 351 nhl games for the buffalo sabres, scoring nine goals and 44 assists.

Iowa coach derek lalonde has raved about weber's leadership in that locker room since being brought in. He has eight points and 92 penalty minutes in 54 baby wild games.

Weber is on waivers today as a formality.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Minnesota Wild Sign Mike Weber

He's been with Iowa all season on an AHL only deal, in case another NHL team came knocking. Has 350 games NHL experience with mostly bad Buffalo teams.

Wild inking some depth for the playoff run. A real conspiracy theorist could see this as a move in case they find a taker for Scandella to have someone behind Ollofsson and Reilly with NHL experience.

He's been placed on waivers similiar to Carter so he can play in the AHL.

WildRube09

Mar 5, 2013
He's been with Iowa all season on an AHL only deal, in case another NHL team came knocking. Has 350 games NHL experience with mostly bad Buffalo teams.

Wild inking some depth for the playoff run. A real conspiracy theorist could see this as a move in case they find a taker for Scandella to have someone behind Ollofsson and Reilly with NHL experience.

^This

Wabit

May 23, 2016

He wore an "A" in Buffalo. Wild have a few open contract spots, so it's an insurance depth move for defense. Gets him on the roster in case of injuries for the Playoffs. Bartley was supposed to fill that role, but got hurt in preseason and is still out.

Some interesting names on waivers today: Jyrki Jokipakka, Eric Fehr, Marc-Andre Bergeron (thought he retired years ago), and Weber.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo/Souhan podcast did mention he believes the org. would be willing to move Scandella before the playoffs if they found a suitor.

Not saying this move indicates anything. Probably just a depth move with Mumps sweeping through the locker room.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Russo/Souhan podcast did mention he believes the org. would be willing to move Scandella before the playoffs if they found a suitor.

Not saying this move indicates anything. Probably just a depth move with Mumps sweeping through the locker room.

Scandella+Tuch for Zacha+Santini+2nd or 3rd 2017

Really though I'd rather move him now to an eastern conference playoff team needing D. We'll get more now than after the season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Weber cleared waivers. I wasn't worried that he wouldn't.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
will weber play in iowa and just be an available callup?

I think that's the idea, keep him in Iowa for the rest of the year. He'd be the "break glass in case of emergency" callup option.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is kind of mysterious to me. Weber is a better option than Olofsson/Reilly?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This is kind of mysterious to me. Weber is a better option than Olofsson/Reilly?

He has the experience factor over Olofsson/Reilly. That's all I know, haven't seen him play.

I'd trust Weber over Reilly not to make the stupid play that could kill you in a Playoff game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has the experience factor over Olofsson/Reilly. That's all I know, haven't seen him play.

I'd trust Weber over Reilly not to make the stupid play that could kill you in a Playoff game.

that is kind of an ironic statement considering the play highlighted in the link above.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's a boring deadline day when we're talking about Mike Weber maybe sometime playing in MN...:help:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I think it's purely a "well he's in the system anyway, might as well have him available as a call-up if things go pear-shaped all of a sudden" thing. I doubt they have any concrete plans to play him in Minnesota.

Yeah, I think it's much ado about nothing.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013

Plus, Suter was injured last night, need to add some bodies.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
Caps fan here just peeking in... yeah don't get excited. I knew what this link was going to show before I even clicked it.

I am also a Caps fan myself. When I was watching this game. I literally fell over and was like why did the Caps pick up Weber again!!!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Need to have D-options in case of injury in the playoffs. Yeah, Reilly and Olofsson would be the primary fill ins, but injuries can run deep unexpectedly.

Better to have the guy signed before the deadline JUST IN CASE the worst case scenario comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad