News Article: Wild Signs Lease for New Practice Facility Inside Wabasha Center (Downtown St. Paul)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Pretty big news. Lack of a dedicated practice facility has been a thorn in the organization's side for many years.

Linky.
SAINT PAUL -- The partners of Go Wild, LLC, the joint venture between Hempel Companies and the Saint Paul Port Authority, today announced that the Minnesota Wild has executed a lease for a practice facility at Wabasha Center in downtown Saint Paul.

The project, which will include an NHL-standard ice rink that the Minnesota Wild will use as its practice facility, also will be open to area teams, figure skaters and groups for ice rental.

The Saint Paul Port Authority began the redevelopment efforts of Wabasha Center in 2014.

The property originally was built in 1963 by Dayton's and occupies 2.25 acres with 529,053 sq. ft. building space.

The expected completion of the project is in fall of 2017.

Leipold:
"A dedicated practice facility is a critical component to our team's success, and will play a significant role in revitalizing an important asset in our city while also helping to grow the great sport of hockey. I'd like to thank Mayor Chris Coleman, the Saint Paul Port Authority, and Hempel Companies for their leadership, dedication and creative vision towards making this project a reality."

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Is that the old Macy's building? I used to park there all the time for Wild games and then walk through Rice Park to the X.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Is that the old Macy's building? I used to park there all the time for Wild games and then walk through Rice Park to the X.

I thought I heard this building was being used like a year ago? I think that's this building? Was it really not finalized yet until today?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
With the Palace Theater renovation, 7th and Wabasha slowly coming back to life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad