Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Mike Liambas (2 years, $675K AAV, 2-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumb move, looks like he's a pet of GMPF.

Career highs of 11 points, and 267 penalty minutes in the AHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dumb move, looks like he's a pet of GMPF.

Career highs of 11 points, and 267 penalty minutes in the AHL.
Yeah, Fenton knows nothing about putting together a quality AHL team.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, Fenton knows nothing about putting together a quality AHL team.

If he had signed Kurtis Gabriel to the same contract people would be howling. Liambas is a Marchand wannabe, but without any skill. The due is a pest and that's it. I've seen him in a bunch of Admirals games and he's (mostly) a waste of a contract slot.

2 years for a 29yo that will never see the NHL. You want him in Iowa fine, sign him to an AHL contract, not use up one of the 50 contract slots.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If he had signed Kurtis Gabriel to the same contract people would be howling. Liambas is a Marchand wannabe, but without any skill. The due is a pest and that's it. I've seen him in a bunch of Admirals games and he's (mostly) a waste of a contract slot.

2 years for a 29yo that will never see the NHL. You want him in Iowa fine, sign him to an AHL contract, not use up one of the 50 contract slots.
Do you think it's possible this guy brought something to Milwaukee that was beneficial to Nashville's young guys? I'm betting that Fenton does, but WTF would he know about Milwaukee? Right?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Do you think it's possible this guy brought something to Milwaukee that was beneficial to Nashville's young guys? I'm betting that Fenton does, but WTF would he know about Milwaukee? Right?

Like I said this is his pet, and it's a waste of a NHL contract slot. I've watched Liambas play plenty of games, he shouldn't ever sniff a NHL lineup (unless you're just looking for him to sit in the box 5 mins) and is a 4th line AHL player. Not a guy you go out and sign on day 1 of free agency.

The dude is a straight goon.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Like I said this is his pet, and it's a waste of a NHL contract slot. I've watched Liambas play plenty of games, he shouldn't ever sniff a NHL lineup (unless you're just looking for him to sit in the box 5 mins) and is a 4th line AHL player. Not a guy you go out and sign on day 1 of free agency.

The dude is a straight goon.
If he can help guys like Kunin, Greenway, Sokolov, Anas, Kloos, etc become NHL players, then he is absolutley worth a contract. How is it hard to figure out that there is zero intention of this guy ever seeing the NHL?

Reactions: Monkeypox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If he can help guys like Kunin, Greenway, Sokolov, Anas, Kloos, etc become NHL players, then he is absolutley worth a contract. How is it hard to figure out that there is zero intention of this guy ever seeing the NHL?

That's the point. Sign him to an AHL contract then (like Ryan White last year). Save the 50 contracts for players that have at least a chance to contribute to the NHL team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's the point. Sign him to an AHL contract then (like Ryan White last year). Save the 50 contracts for players that have at least a chance to contribute to the NHL team.
You can't pay a guy anywhere near that number on an AHL contract.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Literally never heard of this guy.

He’s our Iowa bodyguard for the kids, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce