Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What we’ve done in the past is vote on it here. Last year it was 1- 20, I believe. oops, I might be wrong. Can't find the thread that I thought existed. anyway, it's similar to the thread that is posted on the Prospects Board, but rather than match teams to draftees, it's just who we feel are the top prospects, and ranking them in order of where we would pick them.

Again, I would omit the top 5, if not top 8. Maybe add Dvorsky, Benson, Reinbacher. I don't see any of them dropping down to #21.
I don't think fans would agree as cleanly as you would enough to omit them, JMO.
If it's done, do it right, go through all of them until our pick.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What we’ve done in the past is vote on it here. Last year it was 1- 20, I believe. oops, I might be wrong. Can't find the thread that I thought existed. anyway, it's similar to the thread that is posted on the Prospects Board, but rather than match teams to draftees, it's just who we feel are the top prospects, and ranking them in order of where we would pick them.

Again, I would omit the top 5, if not top 8. Maybe add Dvorsky, Benson, Reinbacher. I don't see any of them dropping down to #21.
Here was last year's - we went 1-28

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think fans would agree as cleanly as you would enough to omit them, JMO.
If it's done, do it right, go through all of them until our pick.
OK, just thought it would save time, but who knows, maybe BG can pull some draft day miracle and snag a #6 pick.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
How's Rossi doing at the world championships?

I can tell he's been involved in 75% of his team's goals with 3 assists but has he actually looked good?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How's Rossi doing at the world championships?

I can tell he's been involved in 75% of his team's goals with 3 assists but has he actually looked good?
I only saw the one game, but while he looked like one of, if not the best player on his team, he certainly wasn't dominating out there. Austria is really bad, though, so it's hard to factor in how much that matters. Rossi doesn't really have a dominating type game. He's more of a facilitator, who gets other players off.

Reactions: Wasted Talent

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I’m intrigued to see how many of the newly drafted players make it to the prospect camp

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Probably Heidt. They might bring over Kumps. I don't know if Stramel or Poink will be available. I think Clark and Parker could show up.
Stramel and poink should be available. Reason NCAA kids sometimes don't come is they have to pay their own way most of the time( ncaa players are allowed 48 hours of expenses paid for once, not including flight. They have to pay after 48 hrs and subsequant years).

Their both MN boys, shouldn't be an issue.

Why wouldn't Stramel be available?
He will be

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Stramel and poink should be available. Reason NCAA kids sometimes don't come is they have to pay their own way most of the time( ncaa players are allowed 48 hours of expenses paid for once, not including flight. They have to pay after 48 hrs and subsequant years).

There is so many legal ways around this rule now because of the NIL it shouldn't be an issue to get travel costs covered anymore.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Hope Mazden Leslie is invited to the prospect camp. Was surprised not to see him drafted - and looks like that has been echoed several places.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Hope Mazden Leslie is invited to the prospect camp. Was surprised not to see him drafted - and looks like that has been echoed several places.
He fell off my top 150 list - obviously armchair scouting it but his point production was very average for the WHL and didn't have any other standout attributes. I can understand why he went undrafted

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
O’Rourke is a fine skater and could get faster as he adds strength as well. I haven’t watched Iowa a ton but you don’t have to watch too much to analyze a guy as a skater. I would say if ROR gets stronger, he could be the type of D man that gets overpaid by a fans standard for what he brings. I see a Middleton type guy, but hopefully the luck doesn’t die on his stick like it does Middletons.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I like that Yurov is coming to development camp. I know he played a lot of Center last year and the Wild say the potentially see him as a center. He’s the most skilled prospect in our pool, but I don’t think the compete is amazing.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

1) LOL Zidlicky on the team. Last time a Zidlicky was on the team, he demanded his way off the team. Wonder how his dad feels about him trying out?

2) We must like McGuire's kid. Second time he has joined the development camp.

3) Defense only has one invitee, pretty damn stacked.

4) What happened to Wallstadt? Also our goalie depth is ROUGH.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Wow they invited a goalie that turned 100, or is 6mo old and and had some record breaking growth... 1/14/23 as the listed b-day.

I like that Yurov is coming to development camp. I know he played a lot of Center last year and the Wild say the potentially see him as a center. He’s the most skilled prospect in our pool, but I don’t think the compete is amazing.

I don't know what to make of Yurov. His usage in the KHL is just terrible. Is it the team, the coach, or the player that is the issue?

Reactions: Circulartheory

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wow they invited a goalie that turned 100, or is 6mo old and and had some record breaking growth... 1/14/23 as the listed b-day.

I don't know what to make of Yurov. His usage in the KHL is just terrible. Is it the team, the coach, or the player that is the issue?
This same situation unfolds all the time in Russia. It’s a power move by the team to leverage the player into an extension. Marat went through the same thing before he extended. It’s not to say the player if flawless or that he would be a no-brainer top-line player on the team, but I wouldn’t read much into his stats and usage in that league. I think if Russia would’ve gone to the world juniors he would have had a big tournament and had a lot of people thinking of him in a lot different of a manner. He’s historically been the guy along with Miroshnichenko at those tournaments. There was talk that the u20 top line for the Russian team would have been: Michkov-Yurov-Miroshnichenko.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
This same situation unfolds all the time in Russia. It’s a power move by the team to leverage the player into an extension. Marat went through the same thing before he extended. It’s not to say the player if flawless or that he would be a no-brainer top-line player on the team, but I wouldn’t read much into his stats and usage in that league. I think if Russia would’ve gone to the world juniors he would have had a big tournament and had a lot of people thinking of him in a lot different of a manner. He’s historically been the guy along with Miroshnichenko at those tournaments. There was talk that the u20 top line for the Russian team would have been: Michkov-Yurov-Miroshnichenko.
That sounds like a pretty filthy top line. Question is does he actually have C ability or is it just the way to get all three on the same line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad