Wild Prospect Ranking - #2 prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The top prospect of the Minnesota Wild is...

mathew_dumba_minnesota.jpg

with 50.52% of the votes.

Time for poll #2. The poll will be open for two days.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I voted Kuemper last time, but the more I thought about it after voting, the more I would have rather voted for Haula or Dumba.

Haula gets my vote for #2

P10p

May 15, 2012
Firstly I view Tuch as more of a prospect then Haula. But regardless I still see Tuch as the much better prospect due to his upside. Same floor higher ceiling for Tuch imo.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Firstly I view Tuch as more of a prospect then Haula. But regardless I still see Tuch as the much better prospect due to his upside. Same floor higher ceiling for Tuch imo.

I think their floors are vastly different based solely on skating speed. But that's just me.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
i dont get it ? i wouldnt call haula a prospect not in the same sentence that dumba oloffson etc..

A prospect is someone in their early 20s or under that you dont know what they really stand for.

I would call haula more off an well matured project not a prospect!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Haula looks like a 3rd liner.

I think Tuch and Olofsson have better potential.

I've given up on Phillips at this point. He just seems lazy. I see pictures of him and he obviously dedicates zero time to getting stronger/working out.

I vote Tuch.

I'm thinking Dumba,Tuch, Olofsson, Haula, Kuemper, Zucker, Folin, Phillips, Buss, Lucia, Belpedio, Mitchell

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kuemper is a starter quality NHL goalie. Love Haula, but he isn't worth as much as a # 1, to me.

I think people value goalies separately than they do position players. Same with catchers in baseball.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
It's hard to compare these guys. Gave my vote to Haula because he's the safest out of the competition. Might not have the highest upside but has progressed well in his debut season.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I like the HF ranking system, where it assigns a number value to the prospect's likely ceiling, then assigns a probability of reaching that ceiling, so it factors in both potential and proximity.

Here's my thoughts on the top four:

Haula already showed he can play as a solid third liner, and I think he can still get a bit better. I have him at a 7B, which is a net of 6.3. I could almost talk myself into 6.5B as well, which would put him at 5.85 and below Kuemper, but I'll stick with 7B.

Kuemper could be a solid starter in the NHL, with a backup potential at the least. I have him at 7.5C, which is a net of 6.0.

Dumba I think has the highest ceiling but also a higher risk of busting. I have him as 8D, which is 5.6.

Tuch is pretty far away and any 18-year-old has high bust opportunity. Top six potential and a first round pick, which is usually safer, puts him at 7C, which is 5.6. Nod to Dumba to break the tie due to higher potential.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I like the HF ranking system, where it assigns a number value to the prospect's likely ceiling, then assigns a probability of reaching that ceiling, so it factors in both potential and proximity.

Here's my thoughts on the top four:

Haula already showed he can play as a solid third liner, and I think he can still get a bit better. I have him at a 7B, which is a net of 6.3. I could almost talk myself into 6.5B as well, which would put him at 5.85 and below Kuemper, but I'll stick with 7B.

Kuemper could be a solid starter in the NHL, with a backup potential at the least. I have him at 7.5C, which is a net of 6.0.

Dumba I think has the highest ceiling but also a higher risk of busting. I have him as 8D, which is 5.6.

Tuch is pretty far away and any 18-year-old has high bust opportunity. Top six potential and a first round pick, which is usually safer, puts him at 7C, which is 5.6. Nod to Dumba to break the tie due to higher potential.

Too specific, I give this post a -1. You should say "he good" or "he bad". Another minus for too much math. A hint of subjectivity is +0.2.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I voted Gustav Olofsson - as I said before, I don't consider Haula a prospect.

I don't either but he and Kuemps are on the polls and they have to go somewhere.

Voted Haula. Olofsson should be our #2 guy after Dumba, but its hard to argue him over Haula at this point.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Best prospect = Highest upside, not how good you are now. As much as I love Haula, I think #2 should go to Tuch.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Best prospect = Highest upside, not how good you are now. As much as I love Haula, I think #2 should go to Tuch.

Too simple way to look at it imo. Right now Haula's likely floor is something Tuch might never reach and it's not like their upside is that much different either.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Haula

Tuch
Kuemper
Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events