Proposal: Wild-Isles

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
We can't trade him right now. Spurgeon is out for up to 6 weeks, and after trading Scandella we don't have spare top 4 defensemen.

This is what we iced last game:

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Murphy
Olofsson - Reilly

Reactions: Bazeek

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
We can't trade him right now. Spurgeon is out for up to 6 weeks, and after trading Scandella we don't have spare top 4 defensemen.

This is what we iced last game:

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Murphy
Olofsson - Reilly

What about at the deadline???

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe if things go completely wrong and they decide early he's not in the team's future plans. Otherwise it'd almost certainly be a draft-day trade.

With Spurgeon out it looks like he'll be stapled to Suter for a few weeks though. That has a tendency to make players look better than usual, which he did last night. If he continues to step up on the top pairing I'd guess it makes us less likely to trade him.

If we did trade him we'd probably want a comparable young forward coming back, preferably a center.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Possibly, if..

1) Olofsson and Reilly are consistent enough to be NHL regulars and feel comfortable in a top 4 role. Our healthy D-core is Suter-Spurgeon, Brodin - Dumba, Reilly - Olofsson (Prosser)

2) Reilly needs to be able to replace Dumba in our PP unit

We would most likely be looking for a young top 6 C in return for Dumba. Needs to be NHL ready.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Possibly, if..

1) Olofsson and Reilly are consistent enough to be NHL regulars and feel comfortable in a top 4 role. Our healthy D-core is Suter-Spurgeon, Brodin - Dumba, Reilly - Olofsson (Prosser)

2) Reilly needs to be able to replace Dumba in our PP unit

We would most likely be looking for a young top 6 C in return for Dumba. Needs to be NHL ready.
And since it's bound to come up: we should be aiming higher than Brock Nelson.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Pretty much the same answer for Brodin: not available right now. Possibly later if things go right, we need a young top 6 C :laugh:

(Not Brock Nelson) ;)

tenor.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pretty much the same answer for Brodin: not available right now. Possibly later if things go right, we need a young top 6 C :laugh:

(Not Brock Nelson) ;)

Things would have to go REALLY right for us to consider trading Brodin. Like Olofsson would have to turn into the second coming of Brodin, Dumba and Reilly would have to cut the bonehead plays, and Murphy would have to be....good.

The cost for Brodin would be Barzal.

For Dumba, Lee.

Last edited:

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Things would have to go REALLY right for us to consider trading Brodin. Like Olofsson would have to turn into the second coming of Brodin, Dumba and Reilly would have to cut the bonehead plays, and Murphy would have to be....good.

For Dumba, Lee.

LOL every fan base when proposed a trade with the Islanders writes that if Barzal is not included then there is no trade. Like the Islanders only valuable asset is Barzal and everyone else sucks and that is the only player that is of interest to them.
Barzal is not being traded and there in NO one on Minnesota's roster that the Islanders would trade him for.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
LOL every fan base when proposed a trade with the Islanders writes that if Barzal is not included then there is no trade. Like the Islanders only valuable asset is Barzal and everyone else sucks and that is the only player that is of interest to them.
Barzal is not being traded and there in NO one on Minnesota's roster that the Islanders would trade him for.

I don't think that was the implication.

What do you think the Islanders would offer that would interest the Wild? Understanding that futures and UFA-aged players probably aren't going to move the needle for Brodin.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I don't think that was the implication.

What do you think the Islanders would offer that would interest the Wild? Understanding that futures and UFA-aged players probably aren't going to move the needle for Brodin.
Beauvillier is an attractive piece.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Beauvillier is an attractive piece.
He is; he reminds me a little of Granlund. I don't know that I'd move Brodin or Dumba for him, but a lot can change between now and the end of the season. He seems like the sort of player that could break out in the not-so-distant future.

Edit: and apologies for editing the post on you there.

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i dont get why we dont give our own Ryan Pulock an opportunity. even wild fans will admit dumba when he first came up, needed to work on his defense

you only get better by playing

i guess the grass is always greener.......

Last edited:
Reactions: SI90

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

You do realize that just a few years ago you would've the exact same sentence, but substituted "Strome" for "Barzal"? Brodin is a still young Dman who plays superb defense and has since he came into the league as a 19 year old. Excuse us for demanding value for him.

More power to you if Barzal turns out to be the next Tavares, and not the next Strome. I suspect he will be somewhere in the middle. Larkin, Reinhart, and Marner are recent examples, among many others, of "untouchable" rookies who have become "touchable" as their time in the league exposes them.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
You do realize that just a few years ago you would've the exact same sentence, but substituted "Strome" for "Barzal"? Brodin is a still young Dman who plays superb defense and has since he came into the league as a 19 year old. Excuse us for demanding value for him.

More power to you if Barzal turns out to be the next Tavares, and not the next Strome. I suspect he will be somewhere in the middle. Larkin, Reinhart, and Marner are recent examples, among many others, of "untouchable" rookies who have become "touchable" as their time in the league exposes them.
strome isn't even comparable to barzal

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
strome isn't even comparable to barzal
Hopefully not, for your sakes. If you go back a few years you can't deny the esteem NYI fans held Strome in. He was your golden haired boy. Everyone does it...I referenced some, but not all names in the post above. I could easily have brought up Duchene, Mackinnon, etc.,etc....

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Hopefully not, for your sakes. If you go back a few years you can't deny the esteem NYI fans held Strome in. He was your golden haired boy. Everyone does it...I referenced some, but not all names in the post above. I could easily have brought up Duchene, Mackinnon, etc.,etc....
barzal plays a different game than strome though, the only thing comparable is their playmaking ability.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

For Dumba, Lee.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Except Strome could not establish himself as a top 6 center with a dependable, 200 ft game.He was demoted to the AHL and according to Newsday told he needed to develop a responsible 200 ft game.

Barzal in his rookie season is already a better two way player then Strome. Barzal also has terrific speed that opens up the ice for him and his linemates.

Reactions: PROMputt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad