Pre-Game Talk: Wild @ Habs - 730 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Forward lines still up in the air. Drouin 50/50, although we may get news on him today. Shaw was absent from practice yesterday, but I'd bet he plays.

Defense likely the same.

Lindgren confirmed starter.

Wild played last night and lost.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Who's in net for them tonight?

I seem to remember the name Stalock associated with highlight reels... just can't remember whether they were flashy saves or I-burned-you goals.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Who's in net for them tonight?

I seem to remember the name Stalock associated with highlight reels... just can't remember whether they were flashy saves or I-burned-you goals.

Stalock was meant to start last night but left the team for the birth of his child. I guess he has a beef with the Leafs over how they treated him and his family while he was with their organization. I heard the story last night and I sure you can google it.

Dubnyk started last night and I figure they go with him tonight again. But Stalock may make it back for tonight.

Reactions: Roadhouse

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
we should benefit again from a tired team that played the previous night, no possible excuse to lose here...the leafs beat two teams down for us ahead of time, and we reap the rewards

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Stalock was meant to start last night but left the team for the birth of his child. I guess he has a beef with the Leafs over how they treated him and his family while he was with their organization. I heard the story last night and I sure you can google it.

Dubnyk started last night and I figure they go with him tonight again. But Stalock may make it back for tonight.

Wow ok. Either way it doesn't look like the Habs are facing a hot goalie tonight, which is reassuring considering the possibility of Drouin being out of the lineup.

3-1 MTL.

Galchenyuk
Danault
Petry (lol)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
we should benefit again from a tired team that played the previous night, no possible excuse to lose here...the leafs beat two teams down for us ahead of time, and we reap the rewards
You mean how we handled a tired Vegas team that outplayed us the final two periods?
Minnesota I believe has not won since they played us. Habs better be ready.

Lindgren plays against the team he rooted for growing up. Should be a good game.

bel33

Always reading... occasionally posting
Oct 27, 2013
You mean how we handled a tired Vegas team that outplayed us the final two periods?
Minnesota I believe has not won since they played us. Habs better be ready.

Lindgren plays against the team he rooted for growing up. Should be a good game.

Finally our goalie has something to be pumped up about.... rather than always being the opposing goalie coming in.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
7-2 Montreal, Galchenyuk with a hat trick. Heard it here first folks.

Big fan of AG27 here, but if his center his Mitchell like yesterday, I don't see it!!! Hopefully he's playing center if Drouin is out. A chance to get back to ,500 tonight. GHG!

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Big fan of AG27 here, but if his center his Mitchell like yesterday, I don't see it!!! Hopefully he's playing center if Drouin is out. A chance to get back to ,500 tonight. GHG!

He'll be playing with Drouin and Lehkonen, he'll score 3 goals by halfway through the 2nd and will be traded during the 2nd intermission.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
FYI, MN outshot Leafs 37-19. TOR had two fluke goals. One shot came off the boards, hit Dubnyk in the back of the skate, and went in. Another was a shot was going way wide until it was deflected in by Olofsson, our young Dman.

The game before we had almost that same scenario. One fluke goal, another was banked off Suter from behind the net.

So, while the Wild have not been good, they are not as bad as it might seem. Their luck has been pretty bad.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Again not sure how the obvious decision is not to play Galchenyuk at center. How is he worst than all other options at C?

Maybe it does kinda make sense to not play him at C if they know he's a winger for life. But if there was ever a time to give him some time at C it's now.

Reactions: Runner77

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Again not sure how the obvious decision is not to play Galchenyuk at center. How is he worst than all other options at C?

Maybe it does kinda make sense to not play him at C if they know he's a winger for life. But if there was ever a time to give him some time at C it's now.

There have been about 300 times to play him at C over the past 3 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He'll be playing with Drouin and Lehkonen, he'll score 3 goals by halfway through the 2nd and will be traded during the 2nd intermission.

So Bergevin will be taking a page from how Duchene was dispatched. Why not, he's been trying to trade Galchenyuk for the longest time apparently, so whatever works.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So Bergevin will be taking a page from how Duchene was dispatched. Why not, he's been trying to trade Galchenyuk for the longest time apparently, so whatever works.

Galchenyuk for Ekholm out of Nashville. Gotta keep it like Duchene deal if we're going during the game.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
There have been about 300 times to play him at C over the past 3 years.

I dont know what to say man, Im blown away myself. They dont want to play him where he's been his best and they dont seem to want to trade him. He's still producing and shutting them up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

One thing is certain, there is no short term opportunity for Galchenyuk to play center based on what his coach is saying now. He may get a chance with another team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I dont know what to say man, Im blown away myself. They dont want to play him where he's been his best and they dont seem to want to trade him. He's still producing and shutting them up.

Good thing they favored DD over Galchenyuk playing center, all those years. A lot of good it's doing now.

Reactions: Saint Patrick

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
One thing is certain, there is no short term opportunity for Galchenyuk to play center based on what his coach is saying now. He may get a chance with another team.

Lol atta boy Clode, lets judge the player that way. There's no history of Galchenyuk at C, true.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between how Galchenyuk plays worse in his own zone than Drouin. Other than, of course; one was traded for their best prospect and is the GM's last hope.

At the end of the day though, they both have limits in their own zone but in the end are similar in performance. I guess Galchenyuk's off ice shinanigans might be the biggest difference.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Lol atta boy Clode, lets judge the player that way. There's no history of Galchenyuk at C, true.

To be fair he said the last part with a big grin on his face and everyone laughed .

But he has in the summer said he would use him at C if he had to where MB flat out said hes a winger

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We get to .500, it’s a new season. This is a really big game tonight for our guys. A lot of guys have completely stepped up their game as of late, and we have a young goalie playing great so far. Let’s not take our foot off the gas. My respect for this team goes up a ton if they manage to completely crawl out of the early season hole we dug up the first 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad