GDT: Wild @ FLA cats 5pm (BSN) Sat Nov 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (11-5-0, 22 points) at Florida Panthers (12-2-3, 27 points)
Puck drop: 5 p.m. CT
Watch: Bally Sports North
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3; Wild Radio Network; Wild NHL App

022-FUNNY-CAT-MEME.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If anyone wants to make a GDT for this game please do so. If not, then the mods can change the prefix tag. :dunno:

This weekend's games are odd start times 5pm (Sat) and 4pm (Sun).

I was tempted to do a mad libs Tampa pregame thread too. But, then I remembered I don't know the difference between adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, etc.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Changed this to a GDT prefix. If someone wants to make one, they can make one for the next game.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
better than 8 in 15?
Well, considering Goligoski is +2 and Suter is -4, I would say yes.
It’sa subjective stat, but it seems to suggest the Wild play better when Goligoski is on the ice then Dallas plays when Suter is on the ice

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Will be interesting to see if Billy considers him or Suter for the team. I haven't thought much about how that team will look. He's looking for character guys

I don't think Suter has much of a shot.

I've been poking around the international forums, and it seems like the top 4 should be pretty set with some combination of Werenski/Fox/McAvoy/Slavin. Then guys like McDonagh, Jones, Hughes, Carlson, Pesce, etc... battling it out for the last spots. I guess you could maybe still put Suter with that group, but I'd really rather they stay away from the older guys.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Reminds me of 2011-12 when Wild led the league in points on Thanksgiving and went on to miss the playoffs by 14 points.
I considered that as well, but decided it isn't a good comparison. This team is a lot more skilled than that one was. For reference, Kyle Brodziak was tied for 2nd in team scoring. Our best offensive threats were the final-decent-season version of Danny Heatley, and a bunch of guys that missed time due to injuries (Koivu played 55 games, Butch played 37, Latendresse played 16, Zidlicky forced a trade after 41). Heck, that was the year of Warren Peters, first line center. The gap between skill vs. results for that year's team was much larger than this year's at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I considered that as well, but decided it isn't a good comparison. This team is a lot more skilled than that one was. For reference, Kyle Brodziak was tied for 2nd in team scoring. Our best offensive threats were the final-decent-season version of Danny Heatley, and a bunch of guys that missed time due to injuries (Koivu played 55 games, Butch played 37, Latendresse played 16, Zidlicky forced a trade after 41). Heck, that was the year of Warren Peters, first line center. The gap between skill vs. results for that year's team was much larger than this year's at this point.
I thought Brodziak was our #1C after Koivu went down. Warren Peters...yikes...
Did we even have Coyle, Zucker, and Nino at that point? I know we had Granny, and Brodin. All of them, together with Dumba, and Hauala, was a nice group of prospects, though none of them ever became the bona fide first liners that we craved, though Brodin is a no doubt, 1st pairing Dman.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't think Suter has much of a shot.

I've been poking around the international forums, and it seems like the top 4 should be pretty set with some combination of Werenski/Fox/McAvoy/Slavin. Then guys like McDonagh, Jones, Hughes, Carlson, Pesce, etc... battling it out for the last spots. I guess you could maybe still put Suter with that group, but I'd really rather they stay away from the older guys.
He does have a very limp wrister
:badumtss

Agreed. I think we're going to see a pretty large youth movement for the team that's assembled. Just a feeling that I get.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Any guesses as to where our 1st lands this year? I’m betting hard on 19th. Don’t think we’ve ever had that pick before

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The US could send 3 teams to the Olympics, and Goligoski still wouldn't be on any of them
That’s probably true. Doesn’t mean Guerin won’t look at him, even if he shouldn’t. They have like a 50 man list, though I don’t think he’s on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad