GDT: Wild @ Devils | The most boring game ever | Mar. 17, 2016 | 6:00pm CT | FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
31426776-BORING-red-rubber-stamp-vector-over-a-white-background--Stock-Vector.jpg

WILD (32-27-11) at DEVILS (33-30-7)

TV: 7 p.m. ET; FS-N, MSG, NHL.TV

Season series: Adam Henrique and Jon Merrill scored for the New Jersey Devils in a 2-1 win against the Minnesota Wild at Xcel Energy Center on Jan. 10. Zach Parise scored, and goaltender Darcy Kuemper made 15 saves for Minnesota.

Wild team scope: Forward Jason Zucker could return to the lineup after being a healthy scratch in each of the past two games. Zucker has 12 goals and 10 assists in 61 games but has one goal and two assists in his past 21. "[Zucker's] speed should be a threat every night, that's the bottom line," Wild coach John Torchetti told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "[He is] a big, big part of our team going forward. He hasn't had the success all year. I think the first 10 games was really successful, or 12 games, and he hasn't had that 10- or 15- or 20-game streak back at it since those first 10. He just has to get back to his game, and he has to be a solid two-way player. That's where it starts from." Zucker skated on a line with Mikko Koivu and Charlie Coyle at practice Wednesday, moving Parise to a line with Mikael Granlund and Thomas Vanek. Forward Jason Pominville (lower body), who has missed the past three games, will not play and is day-to-day.

Devils team scope: Forward Mike Sislo (illness) missed practice Wednesday and is questionable. If Sislo can't play, New Jersey would have 11 forwards and would need to either call one up or play with seven defensemen. Forward Jordin Tootoo (upper body) will miss his third straight game. Goaltender Keith Kinkaid will start after allowing six goals on 24 shots in a 7-1 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Monday. "We're going to need a bounce-back from him and I think collectively from our team," Devils coach John Hynes told Northjersey.com. "We tried to evaluate the game the right way with the players and understand what went right and what went wrong, but now it's our job to be able to respond. We wanted to respond today with a good practice. We had that. It was a good, focused day for them and we've got to be ready to go [on Thursday]."

Screen-Shot-2013-11-29-at-14.24.42.png

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
This is the game we're jumping the Avs for good. Not giving up that WC spot anymore this season. It's going to be a, yes siree indeed and no doubt, a baaawrrring end to the regular season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Game so boring that I am not going to it even though it is 30 minutes away.

Actually I have other commitments.

But still.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
since its st pattys day im worried the refs will give the edge to the home team. not planning on a happy outcome tonight. wild lose 3-2

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
We're way past the point of tanking at this stage of the season. There are only 12 games left...and many against terrible teams. Would be very difficult to lost a majority.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I also want to turn our franchise into the T-Wolves!

The T-Wolves have a young and very talented core group of starters and are going through growing pains.

The Wild have a bunch of vets on the wrong sides of their careers with a group of young players that are mostly disappointing from a development standpoint.

One of these things is not like the other. One of them has a future, the other one's window is rapidly closing with no real talent in the pipe line to help it bounce back once its window closes.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The T-Wolves have a young and very talented core group of starters and are going through growing pains.

The Wild have a bunch of vets on the wrong sides of their careers with a group of young players that are mostly disappointing from a development standpoint.

One of these things is not like the other. One of them has a future, the other one's window is rapidly closing with no real talent in the pipe line to help it bounce back once its window closes.

Sure, after 12 years of consistently horrible teams.

Yay mediocrity! Our scouts are pretty bad. Not sure a pick in the 15-20 range is one I would get to excited about given their track record.

I can definitely agree with this though.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I can already envision the 30 for 30 on this game.

"What if I told you there was once a game... Where nobody wanted to score?"

*1950's Announcer Voice* "It's the most astonishing thing I've ever seen! We're in the 12th overtime and STILL nobody has mad a single aggressive offensive movement all night!"

"Tonight, at 6. An ESPN Films 30 for 30 Presentation... Defending The Goal"

20ffi1z.jpg

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
"If the puck hits the post at a hockey game and no one is awake to hear it, does it make a sound?"

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
"If the puck hits the post at a hockey game and no one is awake to hear it, does it make a sound?"

4pm start so I'll completely miss the first period.

Perhaps that's a blessing.

Wonder what is up with Poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad