GDT: Wild @ Devils - 5 P.M. - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Win and we're on pace for 112 points and everything is good and right and we will celebrate another successful season before awaiting a glorious playoff challenge. :nod:

Lose and we're on pace for 92 points and all is lost and the world is a vampire and it will be time to trade the core for parts before they get too old and lose all their value. :shakehead

The choice is yours, Devils.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Win and we're on pace for 112 points and everything is good and right and we will celebrate another successful season before awaiting a glorious playoff challenge. :nod:

Lose and we're on pace for 92 points and all is lost and the world is a vampire and it will be time to trade the core for parts before they get too old and lose all their value. :shakehead

The choice is yours, Devils.
690bebc6fb6b71c917372734234b82f8.gif

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
A conversation with my friend the other night, who loves hockey as much as I do and he's been watching as long as I have. So it's not like he's some casual that hasn't watched or followed the game enough. We talked about this during one of the intermission's of the other night's game. We get on the phone a lot during intermission's to talk about the games. Sometimes we have a group call with 3 of us.

Me: Think Fleury will catch Marty for the wins record?

Friend: Good one! Marty's gotta have, what, at least 200+ more wins than Fleury and Fleury has gotta be about 40?

Me: He's only about 140-some odd wins behind him and he's only about 6 wins behind Roy for second all time.

Friend: Wait, Fleury was really that good? He's got THAT many wins? Fleury is only a few wins behind Patrick Roy for 2nd all time? He wasn't anywhere near as good as Patrick Roy, and definitely had to have racked up A LOT of shootout wins to be able to get there. There wasn't a shootout in Roy's career. Fleury has more wins than Hasek, Belfour, Lundqvist, Luongo, etc?

Me: Yeah, he's really that close to Roy.

Friend: Well, I think Marty's safe, I don't think Fleury is gonna play until he's 45.

Me: I don't know man. The Wild brass placate him so much, they might actually give him a 4 year deal after this, just like the Foligno deal they just gave.

Friend: Fleury isn't good enough anymore to win 140 more games in his career. You're just busting balls with this, right? There's no way you actually believe Marty's record is in danger of MA Fleury?

95A1EF76-8E60-4C88-872A-0161C82386C6.jpeg

Lol, there’s no way you think Fleury is getting remotely close to 146 more wins.

There’s no way Fleury thinks he’s getting remotely close to 146 more wins.

(Note: I’m not actually skeptical about this guy’s existence but this is a Fleury rant disguised as a story lol.)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Anyone know what the lines are expected to be with nico out?

Nvm. Just saw them. Was hoping Mercer was gonna be in the top 6 with bratt.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Anyone here see any mascots? Mascot madness is definitely lacking the madness. The first year they did this they had them all walking around, we made a few laps and didn't see one lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 759919

Lol, there’s no way you think Fleury is getting remotely close to 146 more wins.

There’s no way Fleury thinks he’s getting remotely close to 146 more wins.

(Note: I’m not actually skeptical about this guy’s existence but this is a Fleury rant disguised as a story lol.)
It's actually a real story, and he knew I was kidding, but I kind of told the story in a way that would at least tease that I may have been serious that Fleury is a threat to break Marty's record lol.

I think this could be his last season, but with the current state and scarcity of NHL goaltending (which I've ranted plenty on), I somehow would not be shocked if someone gives him a 2 year deal.

Even if he played 2 more years, I can't see him even hitting 600 wins.

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad