TSN: Wild close door on trading pending UFA Fleury

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I mean going on a heater creates optimism for the season, but I can’t help but feel that they should flip him instead of letting him walk/retire for nothing.

Title isn't really accurate.

The Wild haven't shut down trading Fleury.

Fleury has. Been reported locally for a week or so that BG will do whatever MAF wants. MAF doesn't want to go anywhere.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I think there are only a few places he would go to none that are contenders or none that need a goalie… Pittsburgh,Vegas,Montreal maybe. I remember a report a few years back where he didn’t want to get traded to Washington out of respect to the penguins and didn’t want to go to a rival.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Wild need to be smarter about this. I know it's a tough sell to fans but this isn't the year they should be considering a deep run.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wild need to be smarter about this. I know it's a tough sell to fans but this isn't the year they should be considering a deep run.
They're not, and fans would be fine if they traded him.

BG is letting a HOFer go out on his own terms, and he doesn't want to move.

Nothing more nothing less.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I think there are only a few places he would go to none that are contenders or none that need a goalie… Pittsburgh,Vegas,Montreal maybe. I remember a report a few years back where he didn’t want to get traded to Washington out of respect to the penguins and didn’t want to go to a rival.
That's wild if true. Imagine giving that much respect to the team who exposed you to an expansion draft in favor of Matt Murray.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MAF has a NMC. If he doesn't want to be traded, then there is nothing MN can do.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I can't see him wanting to go back to Vegas after how he left.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I got the impression that Fleury basically implied that (for now) he didn't want to be traded and this is his team (for now). He's obviously not going to come out a few weeks before the deadline and say he wants out now, especially with the Wild in the midst of a good stretch, but the reality is the Wild likely aren't making the playoffs and his personal accolades are in jeopardy.

Wouldn't surprise me if he changes his tune next week if the Wild are still this far out of the race. Especially if they don't get good results against Nashville and St. Louis here.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I got the impression that Fleury basically implied that (for now) he didn't want to be traded and this is his team (for now). He's obviously not going to come out a few weeks before the deadline and say he wants out now, especially with the Wild in the midst of a good stretch, but the reality is the Wild likely aren't making the playoffs and his personal accolades are in jeopardy.

Wouldn't surprise me if he changes his tune next week if the Wild are still this far out of the race. Especially if they don't get good results against Nashville and St. Louis here.
Yeah, if MN loses their next two games to NSH and STL then I wouldn't be surprised if MAF changes his mind about being traded, if it's to a team that he likes. He won't have to move his family, but tell them to act as if it's an extended road trip while he takes one more kick at the can in what is likely his last year.

I would imagine that BG would not drive too hard of a deal, in order to allow MAF to go out on his own terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad