Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's far easier to complain than praise, especially on this site. Complaining looks "tough, hard, aggressive". Praising looks "weak, soft, passive". Most people want to look the former.

Welcome to the new internet world. Gotta love it

Losing leads to more arguments, because everybody interprets a loss in their own way. Some guys blame Trotz, some guys blame Ovechkin or some guys could even blame Kim Jong-Un if the Caps lose. Hence the longer threads when we lose.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I like the slap in the face to the Caps by starting Stalock instead of Dubnyk (who will get the Devils).
Serves them right.
Stalock played well. Don't Dubnyk would have made a difference. Like I said before most of his success has been because of the defensive system in Minnesota. He was brutal before he got there. Infact he was out of the NHL for awhile.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't think it's about appearance, ease, or even the internet.

When teams win what's there to talk about that isn't usually "yeah, nice win"? People just tend to bask in it and move on. When teams lose everyone wants to discuss why or see what others are saying about it. It's not limited to this team or site. And typing "2 points" isn't any tougher than typing "woof, we stink".

In fact I would say our fans tend to argue more than others after WINS at times. You know how it is. Hell, we're getting it started right now!

Plus this was the Wild on a Saturday at home. Not really a rivalry and people are probably doing things, or they're at the game.

I def think it's about "appearance, ease, and the Internet". We can PM about it if you want.

But quickly -- there's "the Internet tough guy", along with the "can't show emotion", and of course the "hiding behind the keyboard" factions....and of course the "burn the house down group"

Those all come out a lot more (and more easily) when they lose versus when they win.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I def think it's about "appearance, ease, and the Internet". We can PM about it if you want.

But quickly -- there's "the Internet tough guy", along with the "can't show emotion", and of course the "hiding behind the keyboard" factions....and of course the "burn the house down group"

Those all come out a lot more (and more easily) when they lose versus when they win.

Well I talk to hundreds of people in a day at times and if the subject comes up people will complain about losing the same as they do here. After wins maybe there's a social afterglow but the conversations aren't really in depth at all. Just more of a verbal high five. The internet makes it look like people are only negative because it's essentially an electronic complaint box to begin with. Frustration finds an outlet. Maybe the text/net format can make the analysis more nitpicky and granular, sure. But wins and losses are always going to provoke different reactions in people.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Ken Dryden or Dominic Hasak would not have stopped Orlov's goal. The "WTF" look that Stalock gave Orlov after that goal was priceless.
I disagree with that. Stalock did get a piece of that shot with his shoulder. If he was a big bigger the puck would have hit him or if he stood up like Dryden would have the puck would have hit him. It hard to say what Hasek would have done. He was so unorthidox. Not a great technical goalie but it sure worked for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad