GDT: Wild @ Avs | 7pm MT |24/7 tonight at 8 MT

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I love what Patty has done here but I don't know how he doesn't see to put PAP back on the 1st line and move MacKinnon with Landeskog and Stastny. I think that's all we need right now really, and we need to get this PP going. I would change those units to:

Mackinnon - Stastny - Landeskog
Johnson - Barrie

O'Reilly - Duchene - Mitchell/McGinn
Parenteu - Benoit

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Definitely not. Guenin made an awful flub of a pass that got turned over, but MacKinnon didn't know who he was supposed to cover, which was Suter. Duchene stayed on his man like he was supposed to, and instead of taking the D man on his side, MacKinnon skated toward the slot to cover no one. That shot should have been easily blocked out front by Nate if he had been where he was supposed to be.

I'm a big fan of the kid but he gets lost in his coverage a lot still. He's like the forward version of Barrie. Every other shift he can't figure out who his man should be in coverage, and he gets caught running around or leaving someone open.

[NHL]2013020497-532-h[/NHL]

I agree with you but he has been cutting down on it a lot lately. I still think he needs to play center when Tanguay comes back because that's where he is most comfortable.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Wasn't able to watch last night, was it like the typical game?

We dominate most of it, then sit back with the lead in the third and you just know they were going to tie it up late in the third?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Wasn't able to watch last night, was it like the typical game?

We dominate most of it, then sit back with the lead in the third and you just know they were going to tie it up late in the third?

The third period was surprisingly even. Minnesota got a goal off one bad mistake we made.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I agree with you but he has been cutting down on it a lot lately. I still think he needs to play center when Tanguay comes back because that's where he is most comfortable.

I agree he's getting better defensively. If I think about it though he still gets in trouble about the same amount of times during games, it's just that he's also playing his man well on the shifts that he's not. He wasn't really doing that before. I think it's when another team cycles the puck that he gets confused on who to take, and gives them way too much space as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad