Post-Game Talk: Wild at The Powerhouse | 2/21/19 - 7PM - MSG

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
More people should have liked that post. Really.
Guess they didn't get it. Sarcastic humor.....love it!

Thanks,

In my humble opinion, more people should like all my posts. Well not all of them, some of them are like serious and don't paint the best picture of whatever the Rangers are up to, or too long didn't read, most contain grammar that would run the conjunction junction train right off the tracks. And usually I reply to replies which is probably annoying because those replies are written by me. So I get it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’d like to think that he believed Gorton was going to keep his word from earlier in the season and not trade him

And he’s just now realizing that Gorton was totally lying
I hope it isn't a case of him "totally lying". I hope it was something like......we can't do long term right now, we are going to rebuild. We need you to produce and play well.
If you do that bodes well......we wont trade you "unless" we get blown away offers from a team that wants to keep you kdon't worry, we won't trade you to Edmonton) and most definitely there will be offers for a "rental". So, we get what we can get (assets) and with that, we will certainly entertain you coming back after getting us what we wanted (assets). Okay, thats my take.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well they did get an offer, heard something like 32M over 5 years for Hayes. But it wasn't good enough for him..
Think Zucc was offered 3 yrs, no thanks he said.
Thats kind of a fair offer to Hayes. I mean, if he wants "substantially more" from the Rangers, well then he should have proved he could do what he is doing this year, last year. Would have proved it wasnt a fluke. In all fairness, he dealt with AV and no PP time. So, there is that on his side. He prob will get more elsewhere, at least 6-6.5. We might come across, but that was a lowball.
As for Zucch......he obviously wants more years. Again, 3 years is GREAT for the Rangers, as he will be that "presence" during rebuild....but who knows what they will get come years 4 and 5.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
None of our ufas should have played tonight. They were awful did themselves no favors. No reason to play. Horrible management decision by gorton who just shows zero urgency in anything.
I think there were last minute talks......do you want to pay tonight for your fare well to the fans?
I could be wrong, Zuccha was a little involved, but Hayes seemed a no show for the most part. Hayes was Hazed or hazing? They didn't really seemed to enthused to be playing, if indeed were asked. Heart wasn't in it. U could see that.
Zuccha seemed angry if anything.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah they couldn’t do anything at 5v5. Just s terribly flat effort.

Hayes looked like he was somewhere else, understandably.

Top line couldn’t get anything going.

I though Buch, Vladdy, Chytil and Lias all looked pretty good. Tony D had some dynamic shifts in the offensive zone.

Pionk was a complete tire fire all over the ice. I don’t know what this coaching staff is seeing that nobody else is. He still gets top pair duty with Staal, despite Tony and Staal being the much stronger combination in every way, and he still gets PK time despite looking completely lost and out of his element every time. I swear when Pionk is on the PK it’s a goal against 75% of the time. Best case scenario is we scramble endlessly and the goalie bails him out with tough saves. He’s just so overmatched, I really don’t see an NHL level defenseman there and yet Ruff seems to think he’s a defensive stalwart. He’s also not making good passes up the ice, not hitting open men in the offensive zone, not doing much of anything aside from the odd spin move.

I get that the team is weak all around and the defense overall is an issue but with Pionk I just see a player who is foundering in his minutes, making the same mistakes he was making last year with no progress at all, if anything he’s regressing and looks worse every game. Then you have a player in DeAngelo who has been making great strides this year, looks like a way better player than he did last year and is progressing nicely in all aspects of his game especially defensively and yet it seems the coaching staff prefers Pionk. I don’t get it.
Pretty much spot on, but what part of "invisible tank", dont u understand?

Pairing Staal with Pionk (when Tony was much better with him)
Pionk overplaying by 10 minutes a game
Tony numerous scratches.
Shatty NOT on the PP, Pionk still is.

There's tanking, and there is invisible tanking.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Thanks,

In my humble opinion, more people should like all my posts. Well not all of them, some of them are like serious and don't paint the best picture of whatever the Rangers are up to, or too long didn't read, most contain grammar that would run the conjunction junction train right off the tracks. And usually I reply to replies which is probably annoying because those replies are written by me. So I get it.
Oh no dude, i understand. I quote my own posts often. No harm in that. There are obvious clicks here (and I dont care who sees this) if I did.....i would have made this a PM to you.

Sometimes, when I predict a goal or 2, no one acknowledges it. Okay, maybe they missed it......and I am not one to want to pat myself on the back.......but you would think at least 1 person would. So, sometimes I will reply to myself........Whatever.

I don't like "liking everyone's posts", only because some over do it, and more becomes less. It should "mean something". Don't get me wrong, I like when people like my posts, but they really should be used more sparingly. I like QUOTES to refer to, this way it becomes a mini conversation. Right?

But, fwiw......you seem to be VERY INTELLIGENT, and honestly most don't appreciate your honesty, intelligence, grammar, and vocabulary. Whatever......graphs anyone? Lmao. Ask someone if they have a sense of jocularity, they're retort would be......what's that? Can u give me a graph?

Reactions: Off Sides

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Hey, i take umbrage with that statement. I live in Pompano, and obviously a bit crazy. My nieces better not see your post, or I am gonna have to make phone call.....u know what I mean? Just one phone call.
Haha apologies. Pompano came up randomly in my mind when I made the post. I should've went with somewhere in the panhandle

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the latest larry article is so full of juicy stuff.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/22/lias-andersson-promotion-creates-more-rangers-confusion/

so quinn said:

"Lias has played well down in hartford " huh ?? whaaaa ??? kids been brutal. unengaged and unproductive. looks like hes going through the motions many nights and quinn says hes played well ?? 2 goals 6 assists in 22 games..... yeeesh.

quinn cannot be taken seriously.

more quinn magic:

"To me, Tony’s really made a step,” Quinn said. “He’s done a great job playing within himself, controlling his emotions, not wasting energy that’s going to affect his performance. … You want to be judged by more than points if you’re going to be successful and stay in this league.”

comical. huh ? kids been terrific for a while now. this statement :huh: does this apply to all your players david ?

mean while quinns step son neal pionk and staal together are an absolute horror show.

atleast quinn is giving ADA some props. its time to start realizing this kid is part of the future. warts and all, hes still the most talented young dman we have on the roster.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Haha apologies. Pompano came up randomly in my mind when I made the post. I should've went with somewhere in the panhandle
Lol. No biggie. Actually didn't mind, most people would have said Ft. Lauderdale.......my next door neighbor. Probably more well known with vacationers, college students, etc.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
the latest larry article is so full of juicy stuff.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/22/lias-andersson-promotion-creates-more-rangers-confusion/

so quinn said:

"Lias has played well down in hartford " huh ?? whaaaa ??? kids been brutal. unengaged and unproductive. looks like hes going through the motions many nights and quinn says hes played well ?? 2 goals 6 assists in 22 games..... yeeesh.

quinn cannot be taken seriously.

more quinn magic:

"To me, Tony’s really made a step,” Quinn said. “He’s done a great job playing within himself, controlling his emotions, not wasting energy that’s going to affect his performance. … You want to be judged by more than points if you’re going to be successful and stay in this league.”

comical. huh ? kids been terrific for a while now. this statement :huh: does this apply to all your players david ?

mean while quinns step son neal pionk and staal together are an absolute horror show.

atleast quinn is giving ADA some props. its time to start realizing this kid is part of the future. warts and all, hes still the most talented young dman we have on the roster.
Many psychological ways of playing things. Doesn't want to take the chance by "prooping him up too much" in fear of complacency. Tony cannot afford to play that way. Quinn just wants him to be level headed. Difficult sometimes, for some.
If Quinn didnt believe in him......well, then he would treat him like Pionk. Why else would you play Pionk 25 minutes, other than just preserving the players that cannot do it? Not for winning purposes.....right? Pionk would be fine 3rd pairing, less wear and tear, and then maybe he would be stronger as the game went along. Maybe he would actually progress.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Tell you something else. Something smells about Lias playing in this game. I think someone wanted to take a look at him at the NHL level. He may be involved in something
Naah, do u really think a GM will bring someone up, just because they wanted a look see? Could have watched him with Hartford, and if that wasnt good enough then looke early season. Put 1 and 1 together and thats what you get. He probably got a little better, but he was brought up solely for Rangers purposes. Lots of moving parts, but doubt he is going anywhere. Not yet anywhere. What wpuld we possibly get? Who would want him that badly? Chiarelli is gone. Lol

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Of course it is. But Zucc has been hearing about his name in rumors for two years, he's had enough of the waiting.
Time to finally get it done, no matter how hard it is.

He's mentally ready for this now...whatever happens, happens.

But it's just as tough for his teammates. Read Brooks' article about him and Hank, and you'll know what I mean.

And by all means, they really should have traded him last year. I believe we blew a much better deal. For sure could have gotten a #1+, for 1&1/2 years and 2 PO's. Too much on Gorton's plate last year.
And would have done him a huge favor, not waiting for the inevitable. Had we done that though, another team could have traded him with maybe no chance of returning to NY.......who knows.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Thats kind of a fair offer to Hayes. I mean, if he wants "substantially more" from the Rangers, well then he should have proved he could do what he is doing this year, last year. Would have proved it wasnt a fluke. In all fairness, he dealt with AV and no PP time. So, there is that on his side. He prob will get more elsewhere, at least 6-6.5. We might come across, but that was a lowball.
As for Zucch......he obviously wants more years. Again, 3 years is GREAT for the Rangers, as he will be that "presence" during rebuild....but who knows what they will get come years 4 and 5.

I think they're still trying to sign Zucc. Maybe they find a solution in the 11th hour, small chance though.

If I was Zucc I'd take the 3 years. Then he'll be 35 when it expires, a perfect age to retire.
But I understand he wants to max it out in his next contract, probably his last one in this league.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
i have been very critical for staal in the last 2 seasons but he actually hasnt been terrible this year good for him
He's been pretty fine this year, even good at times. He's looked far better with Tony D as his partner.

I really am starting to believe that Pionk is the problem with Staal and not the other way around. Especially this season.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
He's been pretty fine this year, even good at times. He's looked far better with Tony D as his partner.

I really am starting to believe that Pionk is the problem with Staal and not the other way around. Especially this season.
personally my anger that was directed at staal has now been directed at pionk.....hes a dumpster fire everytime he steps on the ice

putting ada with staal has helped both players in my opinion, staal doesnt have to break out of his own zone and staal can be more defensive

pionk on the other hand should be a 3rd line dmen right now at best

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

Pionk and Staal don't pair well. Maybe Pionk needs to pair with someone similar to him, someone's who is very mobile who can shelter him from pressure, because he sucks when pressed even a little. If McQuaid goes, I could see him paired with Skjei.

Last edited:

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The majority of Pionk's time on ice is getting the puck out of trouble barely. He doesn't trigger offense or rushes. When he hits a forward with a pass, the forward is usually facing back and not forward, so that usually results in a tip and chase into the zone. That tells me he can't make the first pass or push play forward from the back end fast enough. Opponents easily wrap him up or seal him off in the corners and down low. Also, he's rarely in position to give Staal a safety valve when Staal gets in trouble. That's why he rarely drives play and our play in general is a dumpster fire every time he's on the ice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad