Weekes: Wild and Boldy working on extension

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
At minimum, I think it’s the Tage Thompson deal and at max, I think it’s the Stutzle deal.

Wouldn’t a bridge make more sense for Boldy though? His stats are down from last year and the Wild really aren’t giving him great linemates so he can succeed

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
At minimum, I think it’s the Tage Thompson deal and at max, I think it’s the Stutzle deal.

Wouldn’t a bridge make more sense for Boldy though? His stats are down from last year and the Wild really aren’t giving him great linemates so he can succeed
My guess is 7x7. Joe Smith, Wild athletic writer, speculated it could be between $6M and $7M.

If Boldy still had Fiala he would probably be looking at $9M per year.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

He has only played 89 games, so I hope they don't plan on handing him an 8x8 contract. They can't afford to give him great linemates because of our cap situation and backing up the brinks truck to pay Boldy will only exacerbate it.

A bridge would make more sense. Two year deal and then the Parise and Suter buyout penalties are off the books.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I'd have the Thompson deal as the max. Anything much more than that, I don't really see the future savings that lead us off of a bridge deal.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

That’d be insane. I mean I like Boldy … but he hasn’t shown to have the potential of either Stutzle or Tage at the time of their signings.

And just like that … wow. Better hope the cap keeps rising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad