Wild 2014-15 Regular Season Schedule Released

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
8 back to backs if my counting is correct. That's kind of brutal considering how valuable points are in the Central division. On the other hand no road trip is longer than 3 games, so that's good.

There doesn't seem to be any stretches with a bunch of easy games this season. Everyone in the central has the ability to steal games, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'd love to see a list sometime of just how many back to backs each team has during a season.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'd love to see a list sometime of just how many back to backs each team has during a season.

BqxPnKCCAAAs3Bl.png

*Credit to Baby Shinkaruk

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Looks like the Kings and Jets sucked up to the right people. :shakehead

This type of scheduling is a Hard Problem, computationally-speaking. If you can consistently find an optimal solution, let me know, because you can claim millions of dollars of prize money.

In this case it's pretty simple to figure out why that happened: LA and Anaheim both have tons of opponents on the second night of a back-to-back, because one of the ways the schedulers try to simplify their lives (and cut down travel time) is by having non-Pacific teams play both of those teams in a row. You see the exact same thing with the Islanders and Rangers. It's not bias; it's just a very reasonable compromise to make.

I'm not sure what the deal with the Jets is though.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Looks like the Kings and Jets sucked up to the right people. :shakehead

And what in the world did Columbus do? 19 back to backs, 16 times they place a rested team, and only catch other teams tired 5 times? Wowza

Wild look fairly middle of the pack in all the categories, so that's good!

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
And what in the world did Columbus do? 19 back to backs, 16 times they place a rested team, and only catch other teams tired 5 times? Wowza

Wild look fairly middle of the pack in all the categories, so that's good!

Jesus, that's brutal for Lumbus. Their month of November is literally a home-away back-to-back five weekends in a row, with four Tuesday games in between them. Presumably this is what they had to agree to to get moved to the East?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad