Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
Good article.

This is such a cool pic
dea13_0909_subban_9580.jpg

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Q: I couldn't be sure watching the broadcast with drunken friends but were people booing PK at CB last game?

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
We need a coach with that kind of style again. A real players' coach.

Exactly. Unfortunately, MT will likely get extended and we'll be caught in no man's land for the next couple years until it's obvious it's not working, despite the record. With a coach like Demers, a deep run could be possible now.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Didn't know much about him when we called him apart from him being good.

Ever since he played his first playoffs with us when coming in at the end of the season, my eyes have been wide open and jaw dropped.

I've loved this kid ever since. **** the haters.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good read thanks. Some interesting comments under the article too. I think that Anon person in the comment section who said Subban needs to act more like Bobby Orr and skate back to center ice with his head down after scoring might be Don Cherry. :sarcasm:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
No.

They were booing the Power Play effort

Okay good to know that. Whew.

Good article and by the way wearing my Habs cap in Toronto today a couple of Korean neighbours were delighted to declare they are now fans of Canada's team!

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
I'm actually a fanboy in regards to how I love PK. Ever since the World Juniors he's been my favorite player. That draft day was probably in my top 5 of happy habs moments. His first training camp (cant remember if it was the rookie camp or the actual camp, but it was right after he was drafted, and it was held at the Sportplex 4 glaces in Pierreonds), I had a poster saying PK Subban for President that he signed for me afterwards that I keep as a prized possession.

Seriously, **** the haters. This guy's got charisma, poise, and he's just an all around stud.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Subban's a breath of fresh air. Montreal has needed a guy like him for a long time, and the fact that he doesn't fit any mold just makes him better. All the haters can **** off, deep down they would die to have him on their team.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Have always liked this kids swagger and little restraint. Players like him make you fall in love with hockey all over again.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I wish Demers was still on RDS. It was always fun listening to him talk.

HockeyF3ind

Jun 19, 2007
New York
I friended him on facebook (back when he had one like the rest of us) the day he was drafted. He quickly reached the maximum friend limit and his real friends from school and such remarked how nice he was to accept everyone's friend requests. Been a fan from day 1, and he never ceases to amaze.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
Subban's a breath of fresh air. Montreal has needed a guy like him for a long time, and the fact that he doesn't fit any mold just makes him better. All the haters can **** off, deep down they would die to have him on their team.

Spot on,good post Bro.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

:handclap:

I've never been so amazed by a player's FIRST performance/appearance when the team finally put him in a playoffs' game (when Markov got injured)...about ****ing time they put him in.

Remarkable, so darn good (defensively/offensively). Subbie can shadow any player in the NHL...any player (Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, etc).

So darn happy we had a chance to draft him in the 2nd Rnd (still can't believe he was still there:amazed:).
(he should have been 1st overall in his draft year).

PK Subban:
the best player we've had since Patrick Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad