News Article: Why Western Conf. FInal is embarrassing the East.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Not that it's any surprise to those watching but ...

Why Western Conference Final is embarrassing the East

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...final-is-embarrassing-the-east-142502585.html

One of the things the article points out that speaks volumes of why the Hawks and Kings are the 2 best teams in the NHL

The stat that tells you everything you need to know about these two teams is a pretty simple one, relayed by Corey Masisak: Of the six forwards on the ice for the opening faceoff Saturday night, Marian Hossa had the lowest regular-season corsi, at 57.8 percent. Only one player from either the Kings or Blackhawks who got into even a single game this year had possession numbers of less than 50 percent, and those guys (Andrew Campbell and Matt Carey) played a combined five games.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The Kings and Hawks are truly the elite teams of the NHL. Just because the Kings don't get up for a December game against the Flames does not mean they are not elite. I never considered the Bruins to be in the Kings league.

KingsCorona

Dec 18, 2009
In general I agree with the article, but:
The mistakes either makes are few and far between, and often end up in the back of the net, because the one thing either of these teams lacks is a truly elite goaltender.
...Seriously?
I don't know anyone who would allege that Quick is NOT an elite goaltender.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Corey Crawford is pretty much the textbook definition of average (his save percentage is about one point above the NHL average for his entire career) and Jonathan Quick is, for his part, about one point better than that.

:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad