Why we should all be rooting for Nashville in game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
C572F287-D284-49A1-89A2-FBAAD35B001D.jpeg
Answer to thread title is more Carrie Underwood.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So if Vegas gets to the Cup Finals and plays the Lightning, I guess maybe he kills Zeus or something.

What if Washington makes it? How do you avoid the Golden Knight essentially going to war with American Symbolism?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm sure the national reporters are pulling for Nashville.

Bouncing between Vegas and Nashville for a couple weeks, yeah you might have a good time.

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I'm sure the national reporters are pulling for Nashville.

Bouncing between Vegas and Nashville for a couple weeks, yeah you might have a good time.
If that happens, i expect the level of reporting to fall off a cliff by game 3, declining to streams of obscenities by game 5 and completly random word combinations the rest of the series.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
No, the preds fans are just too annoying to suffer through. If it's the last time I have to hear those early 90s chants and taunts it'll be too soon.

I'm honestly surprised they don't play 2-unlimited 'y'all ready for this' as their celebration song.

Like the team, fans, not so much

Oh my god i read your quotations wrong and too fast and for a second I thought your meant....

"I'm honestly surprised they don't just scream 'Y'AAAALLLLL' for two minutes straight as their celebration song."

My sides were in orbit

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm fine with the time-honoured tradition of AJ skating out there and getting knocked back.

And yes that's his name. See? He's even got it on his flag
XlWSx8x.jpg

I boo you AJ. Boo!

Reactions: Bolt 45

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Jets and Lightning cup final calling it now. We'll see if these modern day flying machines can weather that storm.
I suspect Nashville plays tampa in the final.

Better team. And they've been there. It takes some experience.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
No, the preds fans are just too annoying to suffer through. If it's the last time I have to hear those early 90s chants and taunts it'll be too soon.

I'm honestly surprised they don't play 2-unlimited 'y'all ready for this' as their celebration song.

Like the team, fans, not so much

What's wrong with their fans? The ones I've spoken with have been pretty friendly. And I've heard the games are a blast there because their fans are so amazing.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
What's wrong with their fans? The ones I've spoken with have been pretty friendly. And I've heard the games are a blast there because their fans are so amazing.

I've asked this same thing to a lot of people who feel this way and the answer is almost always that they think their chants are annoying. Interesting reason...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The Preds and the Jets are duking it out for the opportunity to play Vegas in the Western Conference Finals, and there could not be a more obvious choice for who we should be pulling for.

As we all know, the most important part of hockey is the pomp and circumstance. The Vegas Golden Knights have a panache that is unmatched by any team in the league, and they prove it at the opening ceremony of every playoff series with a thrilling homage to their secondary mascot and his time period. An imperial joust with a King...the slaying of a monstrous squalid...the pageantry has been unmatched.

Now in the coming round we can look forward to the Golden Knight wielding his blade against the saber teeth of a long fanged predator...unless Nashville loses to Winnipeg. And then what? Are we to expect the Golden Knight to duel a modern flying machine? Ridiculous! It would be a fiasco! The evening would be ruined.

For these reasons I am deciding for all of HF that we are to support the Predators of Nashville, Tennessee henceforth from this, May 8, until that, May 10, when the most important hockey match in decades takes place.
Could be the silliest reason to cheer for a team Ive EVER heard of. What if they win round 3 and play the Capitals or Lightening then whatya do??? Couldnt hack up a capital or Light pal get with it :shakehead

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Cogsfordogs7

May 20, 2017
“As we all know, the most important part of hockey is the pomp and circumstance.“
I’m not sure if we need more pomp or more circumstance but I don’t need to see any more catfish being pulled out of grandma’s purse and onto the ice. Jets are a good story and Vegas is too. Big hits, big saves, and nice goals make for good hockey playoffs. Don’t really care about what happens before the anthems are sung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad