Why the IIHF won't correct its mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
noodlemike said:
yeah, idk if its just me, but canada is sure getting away with A LOT of things :amazed:
What do you consider "alot of things"...I have seen every game for Team Canada...and IMO the ONLY thing they have gotten away with was the Nash/Bulanov incident.
They have had several phantom calls go against them...They seem to be "handicapped" by the Referees! Not because of the calls that go against them...but because of the calls they dont get! Paying the price for refusing to "dive" perhaps??

noodlemike

May 1, 2004
psycho_dad said:
No, its not just him

excatly...the nash thing and also the roster mix-up...2 pretty big incidents in my opinion and canada got away with both of them. im not trying to start a war with canadians on the board, thats just what i think, accept it and move on

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
psycho_dad said:
No, its not just him
Ok well, I am Canadian, I don't give a crap what they get away with as long as they do. That is why I said it was just him. It was obvious that Nash's hooking was not unintentional, but I don't care.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
The IIHF sucks! We need to get more European referees in the NHL so that we can have true top flight officials from all the countries (to avoid having either horrible refs from neutral countries or good refs from a participating country). I would also say that more often than not Canada gets screwed by the ref (though Nash got lucky on this one thing).

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
noodlemike said:
excatly...the nash thing and also the roster mix-up...2 pretty big incidents in my opinion and canada got away with both of them. im not trying to start a war with canadians on the board, thats just what i think, accept it and move on
The "roster mix up" was not a "big thing"...it was a miniscule technicality...and treated as such. The Nash incident was a big thing...but it should be over now...sadly,however its not over...Canada now faces greater attention/policing than ever before...and thats saying alot!
:propeller

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Everest said:
The "roster mix up" was not a "big thing"...it was a miniscule technicality...and treated as such. The Nash incident was a big thing...but it should be over now...sadly,however its not over...Canada now faces greater attention/policing than ever before...and thats saying alot!
:propeller
A miniscule technicality that could have gotten Canada tossed from the tournament had Canada won or tied the game. Luckily for Canada, Sweden decided not to press the issue. They took that stance that Walker didn't have an impact on the game and the Swedes won anyway so they let it slide.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
norrisnick said:
A miniscule technicality that could have gotten Canada tossed from the tournament had Canada won or tied the game. Luckily for Canada, Sweden decided not to press the issue. They took that stance that Walker didn't have an impact on the game and the Swedes won anyway so they let it slide.

No, the Swedes would have been the ULTIMATE poor sport ******if they complained about the other team having left 1 4th line players name off the list (in the event of a loss). Like he said earlier, a "miniscule technicality". Beat a team on the ice, not in the board room (and the Swedes did that game).

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Leaf

noodlemike said:
maybe YOU should take your own advice already.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
excuse me, but this thread isn't about Nash or the referees. it's about the stats!

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
wilka91 said:
excuse me, but this thread isn't about Nash or the referees. it's about the stats!
Well considering the mistakes the IIHF has made this tourney one misattributed assist doesn't rank very high up on the list. ;)

Macman

May 15, 2004
wilka91 said:

The IIHF rarely changes scoring stats. I don't know why, but it's always been that way. It's like they don't like to admit they make mistakes, which might explain the Nash thing. Oops, we're back on that again...

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think they also forgot to give Gagne an assists in Canada's first game or maybe they gave it to him later but I know the ref forgot he passed the puck to Thornton.

Oil_slick9416*

Habsfan 32 said:
I think they also forgot to give Gagne an assists in Canada's first game or maybe they gave it to him later but I know the ref forgot he passed the puck to Thornton.

imagine that! :eek:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
norrisnick said:

It would have meant a game forfeit, not tournament disqualification.

Canada always handles itself with class, especially under the harshest criticism; for once it would be nice to see the favour returned.

noodlemike

May 1, 2004
canada does handle itsself with class, ill give them that. but its the canadian fans themselves who are the teams harshest critics

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
BigE said:
It would have meant a game forfeit, not tournament disqualification.

Canada always handles itself with class, especially under the harshest criticism; for once it would be nice to see the favour returned.
I seriously hate TSN's online articles. It was plainly written that Canada could have been disqualified from the tournament but now it has been edited to just refer to that game's result. I wish they would just post a corrected article at the bottom rather than pulling things out of it.

My bad.

Who is criticizing Canada? Nash perhaps but not Canada (at least not from me). Was Nash behaving with class? Is sweeping the issue under the rug class?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
norrisnick said:
I seriously hate TSN's online articles. It was plainly written that Canada could have been disqualified from the tournament but now it has been edited to just refer to that game's result. I wish they would just post a corrected article at the bottom rather than pulling things out of it.

My bad.

Who is criticizing Canada? Nash perhaps but not Canada (at least not from me). Was Nash behaving with class? Is sweeping the issue under the rug class?
If you hate the articles why do you read them? Or talk about them?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
HF2002 said:
If you hate the articles why do you read them? Or talk about them?
It's a love/hate thing. :dunno:

Generally I like the site, it's just frustrating when you try to refer to something and the article changes on you.

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
nikki9 said:
Ok well, I am Canadian, I don't give a crap what they get away with as long as they do. That is why I said it was just him. It was obvious that Nash's hooking was not unintentional, but I don't care.

Nikki, it's that attitude that gets up the backs of so many Europeans. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad