Pre-Game Talk: Why the f*** do I have to wake up early for a hockey game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
1676053187395.jpeg

Reactions: Beerfish

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Probably will just check the boxscore of these weekend games.

Maybe McDavid will remember how to not get shut down and maybe Draisaitl won't look like a ECHL'er every time he touches the ice.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
WE have things to do Saturday and Sunday later so this schedule is perfect. Will require some coffee though.

Don't really think the team has been playing that well for awhile. Some habits started to develop before the ASG break. Just weren't being exposed. The Oilers record last 10 games has been much better than their play.

These start times this weekend are exactly what the doctor ordered for the sloppy lethargic play we've seen coming out of the break.

Can always count on the Oilers to show up for matinée games.
Sarcasm melts the internet.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm one of the few people that like the 10:30 or 11 am start times on weekends. Roll out of bed, make breakfast and a game is already on. Good way to kick off a day.

I actually agree about the watching part. I like enjoying the game in the afternoon and having the weekend evening free.

Key word there is enjoying though. The Oilers are usually so lifeless in these ones.

Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Start time sucks. I understand it for Sunday, as everybody and their dog will be watching the Super Bowl. But back to back mornings is brutal.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Start time sucks. I understand it for Sunday, as everybody and their dog will be watching the Super Bowl. But back to back mornings is brutal.
Wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on.

About 8M canadians will watch the game. This is down from a peak in say 2015. Some more will watch the silly half time entertainment. This year its Rihanna selling fashionable clothes, makeup, and her special brand of hypocrisy lipgloss. never say never.

The fix is in anyway. Its the conscience bankrupt NFL.

Always find it funny how some americans figure the Superbowl is like the biggest thing on the planet. Unfortunately now that attitude has somewhat infected Canada. Like a virus.

But this is the real news.

2022 WC final between superpowers Argentina and France reportedly drew 1.5B viewers. 10X what the last Superduperbowl drew. pfft

Last edited:

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Living in Europe, I love it when the Oilers get to play at a "reasonable" time over here (as does my GF who doesn't have to contend with a weirdo getting up at 4am to watch a hockey stream). Unfortunately, as long as I can remember, the oilers and matinees mix like oil and water...

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I'm so pumped... Taking my son to his first road game. He's going early to warm-ups and hoping for signatures!

Wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on.

About 8M canadians will watch the game. This is down from a peak in say 2015. Some more will watch the silly half time entertainment. This year its Rihanna selling fashionable clothes, makeup, and her special brand of hypocrisy lipgloss. never say never.

The fix is in anyway. Its the conscience bankrupt NFL.

Always find it funny how some americans figure the Superbowl is like the biggest thing on the planet. Unfortunately now that attitude has somewhat infected Canada. Like a virus.

But this is the real news.

2022 WC final between superpowers Argentina and France reportedly drew 1.5B viewers. 10X what the last Superduperbowl drew. pfft
Rihanna is the only part I'm going to watch haha

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm so pumped... Taking my son to his first road game. He's going early to warm-ups and hoping for signatures!

Rihanna is the only part I'm going to watch haha
boo this man. ;)

Don't get the attraction, don't get her music, I had enough crotch grabbing from madonna or MJ to last me a lifetime. But what a sellout for her and the NFL. so silly its impossible to take seriously on either end. Unlikely bedfellows.

I'd only watch if I felt I needed a drinking game on a sunday and it was crotch grabbing or showing bits..I'd have to stop at around 33times.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Interesting looking at the "top" officials in the league, how many are not fans of the Oilers:

Any others?

HINT: you shouldn't be able to pick a list of ***holes out of the list if they are being consistent

1676084902329.png

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Interesting looking at the "top" officials in the league, how many are not fans of the Oilers:

Any others?

HINT: you shouldn't be able to pick a list of ***holes out of the list if they are being consistent

View attachment 648390

I pretty much did this as I went through the entire list.

ObedientUglyHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

For those of you don't recognize or know it...
"f*** you, f*** you, f*** you, you're cool, and f*** you. I'm out."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad