News Article: Why Sens Fans Should Convert To OHL Fans

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I know this will face some backlash. I think we are all grown adults so please keep it clean lol.

I have seen and heard the public outcry from fans about their disgust with management and ownership.

This is just a plea.

The 67's are a great club. Winning lots of games.

Check it out. You wont regret the investment. You aren't paying money to watch a team your owner wont invest in. You are paying to watch the stars of tomorrow. Investing in the future.

6 Reason's Ottawa Senators Fans Should Become Ottawa 67's Fans - The OHL Collective

Best of luck the rest of the way guys!

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I don't know what's worse though - dealing with the Sens cheapo owner dragging down the team, or watching the Hunters manipulate the system so they get a boatload of top players every year in London, and even when the 67s rise up for once in a decade, they have Bouchard, Batherson and more that might wipe us out in the playoffs. Unfair competition sucks.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Great sentiment either way.

With the team we have, the location, time of games and the price there is no reason the 67's shouldn't be sold out each playoff home game.

I am going to take the kids to some games for sure.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
I’ll always be a 67s fan and get out for some games. It’s great hockey, great value and you’re right down at TD place. I grew up watching the 67s.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I know this will face some backlash. I think we are all grown adults so please keep it clean lol.

I have seen and heard the public outcry from fans about their disgust with management and ownership.

This is just a plea.

The 67's are a great club. Winning lots of games.

Check it out. You wont regret the investment. You aren't paying money to watch a team your owner wont invest in. You are paying to watch the stars of tomorrow. Investing in the future.

6 Reason's Ottawa Senators Fans Should Become Ottawa 67's Fans - The OHL Collective

Best of luck the rest of the way guys!

Thanks, but this city is not interested in the 67s. The MelnykOut gang and Sens haters all talk a good game about spending their money elsewhere. But that has not happened. In fact, in this tremendous season by the 67s, attendance is down 10%, from 3800 to 3500 a game average. It's almost like going three rounds in the Stanley Cup playoffs and installing tarps the next season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Same in the NHL, shelf life of our team expired and we're rebuilding like many teams do when it's not working, not winning.
No, Junior is literally aged 16-20, completely different than the NHL. Anyone who knows anything about either league would understand how completely different rebuilding is.

Bathurst won the Mem Cup last year and is rebuilding...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks, but this city is not interested in the 67s. The MelnykOut gang and Sens haters all talk a good game about spending their money elsewhere. But that has not happened. In fact, in this tremendous season by the 67s, attendance is down 10%, from 3800 to 3500 a game average. It's almost like going three rounds in the Stanley Cup playoffs and installing tarps the next season.
You're entitled to your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. There's a palpable buzz about the 67's in my circles that I haven't seen since Lukas Kaspar and Jakub Petruzalek were filling the net. The attendance numbers may not have caught up just yet, but the interest is on the rise, not the decline, and I suspect we'll see that come playoff time and beyond.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Some who have a declining interest in the Senators are spending their money and time in areas other than hockey.

Reactions: RaMai

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Been attending for years, more so now that I don't spend money on anything Sens related, if you have kids this is the team to follow!

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You're entitled to your opinion but I couldn't disagree more. There's a palpable buzz about the 67's in my circles that I haven't seen since Lukas Kaspar and Jakub Petruzalek were filling the net. The attendance numbers may not have caught up just yet, but the interest is on the rise, not the decline, and I suspect we'll see that come playoff time and beyond.

You're reaching. There's always an excuse eh?

We heard it on this board all throughout the fall....i'll spend my money elsewhere...the 67s have been a top team all year and it hasn't paid off in attendance regardless of how you spin it

I'm pretty sure that the team and it's ownership is far more interested in a palpable increase in attendance than a palpable buzz

Reactions: coladin

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wouldn't worry about him. That's his schtick. "The fans are the problem" is basically his manifesto. Imagine spending so much time defending the organization and having them do what they have this year? You'd be frustrated too. A lot of the apologists have disappeared, thankfully. At least we have Coladin here to preach to us about our sins. Give it a few hours and we can read about how a few hundred unsold tickets in round 2 of 2017 means Melnyk can't afford to operate a NHL franchise and that's not his fault.

I'd say I'm a MelnykOut person and I got my 67s playoff tickets and have gone to more 67s games this year since maybe 2011. Looking forward to it. Will also make the trip to Belleville more for some playoff hockey as well.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
It's pretty unfair isn't it? First the people don't listen to you to spend their money on the sens and now they don't spend the money where you want them to spend it. High horse and stuff...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Is it opinion or is it fact? The attendance numbers are factual. Your palpable buzz is an opinion.

Say what you want, but the attendance numbers, for a team of this caliber, is a joke. And it speaks to the type of fans that are in this city.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I wouldn't worry about him. That's his schtick. "The fans are the problem" is basically his manifesto. Imagine spending so much time defending the organization and having them do what they have this year? You'd be frustrated too. A lot of the apologists have disappeared, thankfully. At least we have Coladin here to preach to us about our sins. Give it a few hours and we can read about how a few hundred unsold tickets in round 2 of 2017 means Melnyk can't afford to operate a NHL franchise and that's not his fault.

I'd say I'm a MelnykOut person and I got my 67s playoff tickets and have gone to more 67s games this year since maybe 2011. Looking forward to it. Will also make the trip to Belleville more for some playoff hockey as well.

I'm sorry the truth hurts. OP wants Ottawa to get behind the 67s. Fat chance. They had all season to do so. All season. And yet attendance is still down. Hmmm.

Many who said "that's it, no more Sens games for me, I am going to support a well run organization like OSEG and get my hockey fix with the 67s, blah blah blah, are BSers . As I predicted.

The facts are there , and my "schtick" is hurting only those who feel that they are a part of what I say. For you to be so indignant about it, well, maybe it hits close to home. But you have your 67s tickets, good for you. :thumbu: Go BSens!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's pretty unfair isn't it? First the people don't listen to you to spend their money on the sens and now they don't spend the money where you want them to spend it. High horse and stuff...
I don't care for the 67s, and only go when I have to. I could care less.

High horse lol, ya ok. 67s are tearing it up, are run by everyone's sweethearts, OSEG, and attendance is laughably down. And that attendance number is inflated by a free game, a whole free game for anyone who wanted to go earlier in the season. Facts, my man. facts.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Maybe they should just stage an all Ottawa head to head match up and winner gets to play at Scotiabank Place the rest of the year. At this point, with how pathetic the big club is, the 67's might just come out on top lol.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
I don't care for the 67s, and only go when I have to. I could care less.

High horse lol, ya ok. 67s are tearing it up, are run by everyone's sweethearts, OSEG, and attendance is laughably down. And that attendance number is inflated by a free game, a whole free game for anyone who wanted to go earlier in the season. Facts, my man. facts.
It's not up to you to decide where other people spend their money or what ownership group they support.
I don't care about the 67s and their attendance numbers either, it's just a fact that YOU don't decide where and how WE spend our money.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's not up to you to decide where other people spend their money or what ownership group they support.
I don't care about the 67s and their attendance numbers either, it's just a fact that YOU don't decide where and how WE spend our money.
Of course you would think that. Just stating facts. Do what you want, but the fact is the 67s are tearing it up...and attendance is down. But do what you want though. I didn't tell people to go, because I don't go myself.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Of course you would think that. Just stating facts. Do what you want, but the fact is the 67s are tearing it up...and attendance is down. But do what you want though. I didn't tell people to go, because I don't go myself.

Isn't attendance down across the board for ALL Ottawa sports teams? If this is the case, is it possible that some of the "outside" factors (Phoenix, ect) have led to lower numbers across the board? (Senators too, I'm not diminishing the impact).

You seem to be looking at this as either a black or white issue and not looking into the context of the numbers. You're entitled to your opinion that Ottawa is a bad sports town/have bad fans, but personally I think that's an oversimplification of a complicated market.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Isn't attendance down across the board for ALL Ottawa sports teams? If this is the case, is it possible that some of the "outside" factors (Phoenix, ect) have led to lower numbers across the board? (Senators too, I'm not diminishing the impact).

You seem to be looking at this as either a black or white issue and not looking into the context of the numbers. You're entitled to your opinion that Ottawa is a bad sports town/have bad fans, but personally I think that's an oversimplification of a complicated market.
Ok. That is a valid way to look at it, of course. But at the prices the 67s are offering their top notch, winning, and well run business, the excuses sure do dwindle.

Look, why is is so hard to state what is plainly obvious? You and I are from Ottawa, right? And at some point, you just have to be honest about things, as hard as it is at times. This is not a great sports town. But it is good or great in other facets. Ottawa is what it is. I can accept that some want to be in the middle, but with all the factors that are going for the 67s, it does seem black and white to me, unfortunately.

I am part of the problem, if you will. I don't go to 67s games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad