Why retooling is the best option for the Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Philosophy also includes trying to be a middle of the pack team and hope for the best instead of trying to be one of those top teams.

The ole "hope is not a plan" thing. It all has to come cascading down, there is no salvaging what was put together here. With the kind of revenues this organization generates, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to see the best scouts and decision-makers on other teams.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
If anything it's worse than it seems. There still is enough delusion surrounding this team that we could end up limping on in our current state for a few years now, especially with a commitment to keep Price and Weber on the books to squeeze out whatever life is left in them.

Being this negative isn't fun, but this is what the Canadiens have done to me and it looks like they won't be done until everyone ends up this way.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Only 3 teams are in worst/same position as the habs : Detroit , Arizona and ottawa.

2 of them are bad mostly because they are budget team lol.

The sens are not in a worse poisition. They have Karlsson which is 100x more valuable than anyone we have. Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, Chabot...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1. Trade Deadline
2. Draft Lottery

To be blunt, those are the only 2 things I'm looking forward to in regards to Habs hockey.

I didn't bother opening the OP piece.

Bright spots worth looking forward to:

• Firing Bergevin
  • Seeing all of Bergevin's empire of hand-picked fools sent packing
  • Geoff showing contrition
  • Molson revenues down, huge fan backlash
  • Bergevin continuing to sit at the bottom of "worst" lists
  • Bergevin reeled in and shamed by a PHO (a psycho like Patrick Roy would be perfect)
  • TVA mounting massive losses due in large part to Hab misfortunes and watching TVA Sports crumble
  • Donald Beauchamp fired
  • JJD and Lacroix finally admitting their main role is spying for Bergevin
  • Finding out who else is related to Bergevin that is working for the Habs
  • Seeing the season tix waiting list down to zero
  • Molson offering ticket discounts and giveaways and no one availing themselves of them

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
The sens are not in a worse poisition. They have Karlsson which is 100x more valuable than anyone we have. Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, Chabot...
Two of Karlsson, Stone and Hoffman will be gone by the beginning of next season. The owner is a disaster. The arena situation is a joke. Ottawa is in big trouble and will be for years unless something big happens. There really is no comparison between Ottawa and just about any other team in the league in terms of hopelessness.

Reactions: optimus2861

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Even if they win the lottery this still isn't a good team. Defenseman take longer than Forwards to develop

I think Dahlin is good enough to skip that god awful putz in Laval, but its the god awful putz up here JJD that worries me more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks, LOLSports!

I feel better now.

:laugh:

I hate the type of deception that led to this thread.

I abhor anyone who starts a thread that looks like a discussion but is really only meant as a redirect to their site.

And, having someone call to the "masses" with lame admonitions like "Relax", has to be the most unwelcome and belittling form of building a title.

The guy is pontificating from the top of a mountain, a rooftop or some kind of self-imagined grandeur with his "Hab fans", he might as well have added, "listen to me, follow my lead, I and only I know the truth, you have been devoured by your delusions all along, you are dead wrong".

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think presently it is as bad as it seems. There are a couple bright spots on the horizon though and nowhere to go but up.

Yes Sir it has been as bad as it seems ever since Pre-Season.
While I want nothing but to go up we currently don't have the resources in our system to go far. Do we want more Bubble at best?
As much as we thought we were a good club 4 years ago we were still missing a couple of critical elements to be a legit threat.
We have to be bad for another year or even two. We also have to leverage every drop out of our current roster towards rebuilding.
Other wise we can have this same cyclical discussion in 2023.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the season has really enhanced the game day thread's with humor though. So there is that.

To a degree but the funniest this board has been in my memory was our ECF year particularly in the playoffs. The following summer and camp were a blast and we were sure Bergevin had a clue despite his choice coach. That sense of optimism was dashed Not long after when Bergevin gave an interview clearly indicating we were going to tread water.

Reactions: groovejuice

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
-No centers
-No elite players up front
-Best players are past their prime
-Brutal contracts everywhere
-No prospects that will help us
-Appalling drafting and developpment
-Worst philosophy for building a team
-Excuses instead of solutions
-Let go/trade people that we shouldn't
-Fail to maximize our assets every single time

It's pretty ****ing bad.
In my 35+ years as a die hard fan this is honestly the worst I have ever seen things, Houle did what he was told, Bergevin is just dumb and has destroyed a team that he inherited with all the promise in the world. We should not be here, this is the product of not hiring the best possible candidate for the job.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Even if they win the lottery this still isn't a good team. Defenseman take longer than Forwards to develop
Excellent post, no fancy graphs or underlined parts just the reality of the toughest hockey league in the world. Sure, Dahlin might be a generational prospect on D but he was just benched at the Olympics and that does not diminish his talent or potential but it shows us that it takes time to develop as a player. People ignore this and bank on the fact that John Tavares signs here if we win a lottery nonetheless. I laugh at it all.

Reactions: groovejuice

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I abhor anyone who starts a thread that looks like a discussion but is really only meant as a redirect to their site.

And, having someone call to the "masses" with lame admonitions like "Relax", has to be the most unwelcome and belittling form of building a title.

The guy is pontificating from the top of a mountain, a rooftop or some kind of self-imagined grandeur with his "Hab fans", he might as well have added, "listen to me, follow my lead, I and only I know the truth, you have been devoured by your delusions all along, you are dead wrong".

LOL
A title that begs not to be read,

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

"Fear not, Habs fans ..."
life-of-brian.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad