Sportsnet: Why Kypreos believes Maple Leafs should trade Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Now would be an awful time to trade him. He's at his lowest point in terms of value. He's in a sophomore slump. If we trade him for a crappy return and he lights it up for some other team how stupid do we look? I say keep him till he bounces back because you aren't gonna get a return good enough right now.

Reactions: meng666

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I really couldn't follow his logic. If he would of said the return for Marner would help garner a Dman that would take us to the next level or something like that, fine, but, it sounded more like he was saying Marners not that good - which I don't think many could agree with - or at least I can't.

The part about Hyman and Brown was a rambling incoherent mess, I honestly still don't understand what he's on about

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Hypothetically, he would probably be the one I trade between him and Nylander if I had to trade one... But I'd rather keep both elite talents who just happen to be on ELC's and coming off of 60PT rookie seasons.

Reactions: Rogie

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I'm not following his logic. Is he saying he thinks Babcock thinks Marner is a fourth liner because Babcock has him on the fourth line? If so, I'm actually dumbfounded that someone who gets paid to talk about hockey could be this stupid

Reactions: nonikhanna

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I like kypreos... however I think this is just click bait... a lot of leaf stuff always is.

On another note i lol'd when kypreos did a broadcast from home via Skype or something and his backdrop was a bookcase with what looked like encyclopedias stacked accross it. Best part was when the broadcasters called him out on it (or I guess asked a fan question about the books). Not judging a book by its cover or anything... it just was a strange backdrop for any sports analyst to have behind them.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Here we go. TSN pushed so hard for a Nylander trade now SN will push hard for a Marner trade.

Great.

Can you link a time when guys at TSN "pushed hard" for Nylander to be traded? I remember some people there agree that for the Leafs to upgrade their D coprs significantly that they would have to give up a significant piece, and that Nylander was likely the one they would be forced to part with.

Kyper is saying that Marner is behind Bozak, Hyman, Brown and the likes in the organizational depth chart.

It's not even remotely comparable.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Not against trading any player except Matthews for the right d man but wingers don't return equal value. Also trading a 20 year old player coming off a 60pt rookie season is just asking to get Brett Hulled. Maybe he is like Skinner and never gets much better than his rookie year, but what if he improves on his rookie season as much as an average NHL player? How good of a D man do you need to get to to make a 75-80pt winger disposable? They don't need to make some knee-jerk deal when they dont even know what they have in him yet. I am not as much of a Marner fan as I am of the other two but his upside is pretty obvious. I am not sure who people think would be coming back the other way but it wouldn't be Provorov or Trouba. After a decade+ of not drafting an elite prospect they actually have a forward group that doesnt need to add core talent. I cant see them pulling it apart for a quick fix.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm not following his logic. Is he saying he thinks Babcock thinks Marner is a fourth liner because Babcock has him on the fourth line? If so, I'm actually dumbfounded that someone who gets paid to talk about hockey could be this stupid
Don't feel bad, he isn't able to follow his own logic.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not taking into account the argument on if he should or shouldn't be traded .... Yes trade a player while his value is at its lowest.

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad