Why isn't DeBrincat getting more hype?

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
DeBrincat with 21 pts in 29 games, leads the Hawks with 12 goals, scored 10 goals in 13 games in November. The 10 goals in a month was a franchise record for a rookie. Also he is 5'7 165. I would say right now he is 3rd in the running for the Calder behind Barzal and Boeser.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It seems to be the Cat's MO ... always the underdog .. never getting the hype .. and always proving everyone wrong. I too can see the top 3 for ROTY being Barzal, Boeser and Debrincat.
And it is possible for Debrincat to win it ... he is just getting going now and we have 2/3 of the season to go! I can see him netting 30 - 40 goals in his rookie year ... especially if Q finally decides to give him consistent top 6 minutes.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
We've been spoiled with great rookies the last few years.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Is he playing with Kane any? I've seen very little Chicago this year. I saw like the first few games and last nights game.

Slightly off topic how has Hartman been playing? He started Pejorative Slured hot and I know he's had to have slowed down big time on the points but how is his play? CHI has drafted great American talent. Kane, Buff, Leddy, Saad, and now they have 3 more young yanks out there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Is he playing with Kane any? I've seen very little Chicago this year. I saw like the first few games and last nights game.

Slightly off topic how has Hartman been playing? He started ******ed hot and I know he's had to have slowed down big time on the points but how is his play? CHI has drafted great American talent. Kane, Buff, Leddy, Saad, and now they have 3 more young yanks out there.

Debrincat has been used mostly on 3rd line overall but has been shuffled around at times and gotten PP time with Kane and others at times

As for Hartman he has been awful this year outside of a handful of games. One of the biggest disappointments on team (Probably 2nd biggest behind Saad)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Debrincat has been used mostly on 3rd line overall but has been shuffled around at times and gotten PP time with Kane and others at times

As for Hartman he has been awful this year outside of a handful of games. One of the biggest disappointments on team (Probably 2nd biggest behind Saad)
What were your expectations for those guys? Saad I'd bet me account on here goes around 25/25/50pts just like every other year he is too consistant and solid he's just like most wings though very streaky. And Hartman going into the season I was thinking like max 30pts splitting time on the 3rd and 4th wings. He's got to have 10pts and it's 1/3 ish over so he's where I had him at least. I wanted him on the CBJ instead of Rychel and Dano that year but wasn't so lucky. He's a f***ing pest but still skilled enough to be a top tier 3rd line winger IMO.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
DeBrincat with 21 pts in 29 games, leads the Hawks with 12 goals, scored 10 goals in 13 games in November. The 10 goals in a month was a franchise record for a rookie. Also he is 5'7 165. I would say right now he is 3rd in the running for the Calder behind Barzal and Boeser.

Shooting % = 22.64 <- unsustainable. Sheltered 3rd line minutes. That's why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad