Why isn't Bob Cole doing Leaf games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Instead we get those two Canucks homers soiling the Leafs game every Saturday. It is evident they hate the Leafs and are upset when they score and win.

Why not just let Bob Cole, an unbiased but passionate man do Leaf games. Leaf games are the headline of the day but Hughson and Simpson ruined the Leafs Pens game which was otherwise spectacular.

I don't understand why Bob Cole can't do Leaf games. Is there a reason behind this? Or is it just Rogers being Rogers and trying to ruin everything?

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Because Bob Cole is a homer for the Leafs. It's a smart move on their part.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
I disagree. I think he does come across as biased for the Leafs and that's why they don't let him do Toronto games anymore.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
I disagree. I think he does come across as biased for the Leafs and that's why they don't let him do Toronto games anymore.

I never saw Cole being biased. Joe Bowen is biased, but not Cole. Cole is a #legend. Man I really wish he was able to do Leaf playoff games... If Hughson and Simpson do them..... :( :( :(

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
I never saw Cole being biased. Joe Bowen is biased, but not Cole. Cole is a #legend. Man I really wish he was able to do Leaf playoff games... If Hughson and Simpson do them..... :( :( :(

Well, that's true. No one is as biased for the Leafs as Joe Bowen. :D

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I've never really understood why it's bad for a team's announcer to be biased for the home team as long as it's not ridiculous.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bob Cole the admitted Habs fan is a homer for the Leafs?
Cool
Cole is from Newfoundland and idolized the Habs. Hughson lives in Vancouver and is suvh a Canucks homer. He hosts retirement ceremonies for their players.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I've never really understood why it's bad for a team's announcer to be biased for the home team as long as it's not ridiculous.
Every team has a homer for their local broadcasts except the Leafs for some reason. It's like Rogers decided to punish us with Romanuk and Hughson. TSN games are an absolute godsend, I love Cuthbert and Miller.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Every team has a homer for their local broadcasts except the Leafs for some reason. It's like Rogers decided to punish us with Romanuk and Hughson. TSN games are an absolute godsend, I love Cuthbert and Miller.
It's allowed for every team except the Leafs.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Bob Cole is not biased, I want to get that right out of the way to begin with. But if he were, having him do nationally televised games would not be good. It’d be unprofessional to have a biased voice during a game when both teams fans will be watching the same channel and announcer. Leafs fans are already experiencing this having to listen to Hughson every Saturday and we all hate it. I wouldn’t want the opposite though on HNIC. It shouldn’t be difficult to find a neutral voice but apparently for the CBC it is.

To answer the OP, Hughson gets to do Leafs games because he’s CBC’s “#1 guy” for play calling apparently. He clearly doesn’t like Toronto or the Leafs but I bet the pay for calling Leafs games every weekend is better than if he got to call games for Montreal, Vancouver, etc.

Cole as much of a legend as he is just can’t keep up anymore. Though I’d argue that the majority of Leafs fans would rather have a senile Cole than Hughson the dick. Cole also has a better voice than Hughson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad